Dual-chambered beer-glasses for mixing the perfect black-and-tan

Wouldn’t it depend on the barman? Or are publicans a touchy lot?

1 Like

Since it seems this hasn’t been mentioned- Black Velvet = Guiness and hard cider. Sounds gross tastes like … well better than it sounds.

By the way curse this genius for inventing these things 8 years after I was allowed to drink these genius inventions…
and I’ve not ever been hit by a Boston bartender for Anything. Just polite, I guess.

Apparently that is stout and champagne - one of those drinks i keep meaning to try since it was in some book i was reading. (however it seems like a waste of both components so i never get around to it)
also:

When cider or perry is used in place of the more expensive champagne, it is known as a “Poor Man’s Black Velvet,” but only if the cider and the stout have blended from the result of pouring the stout first. However, if the cider is poured first and followed with the stout being poured over a black-and-tan spoon, it is known as a “Black Adder,” since cider and perry have a different density than champagne. Often the layered cider-stout drink is still called a poor man’s black velvet. A mixed and not layered drink has no resemblance to the actual black velvet.

3 Likes

You’re a bit evil.

1 Like

Just chaotic neutral…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.