Immediately replace all your wine glasses and tumblers with these British nonik half-pints

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/03/immediately-replace-all-your-w.html

1 Like

Pints

8 Likes

This has been a public service announcement.

EH8410P_2

3 Likes

But we’ve been stealing these from pubs for years!
Although rarer to see in pubs now I think about it.

4 Likes

Of course the traditional British half-pint glass is a dimpled tankard. https://www.amazon.com/Dimpled-Tankard-Britannia-Half-Pint/dp/B004OD5V8A

1 Like

That escalated…strangely

15 Likes

I prefer French Duralex glasses, thank you very much.

4 Likes

Let see some product testing Beschizza. It says tempered glass, but i have $0.25 these aren’t half as durable as Duralex glasses.

Push one off the counter and tell us if it breaks. If it doesn’t, see how far of a drop is required to break it, and if the glass actually breaks like tempered glass.

As a Boingboing regular, I have an expectation of high quality. So if you’re going to pimp economical Amazon products, lets see some quality control.

7 Likes

That’s because you stole them all.

5 Likes

This is not a bad idea

6 Likes

And a good excuse to smash glasses

7 Likes

The dimpled pint glasses are great for any cold beverage. The dimple gives you extra grip if the outside of the glass gets wet from condensation.

1 Like

Dr Strangelove - A fella could have pretty good weekend in Vegas (Slim Pickens)

7 Likes

Translation: “spend money.”

No thanks, I’ll keep drinking out of this old fruit jar and get enjoyment from having some money in my pocket.

2 Likes

Yes, but some people might be looking to get new glassware for either general home use or for their bar at home. I already have more than enough glasses at home so this is a pass for me, but i do like the style of the linked ones.

A hobbit becomes a man when he no longer drinks from half pints.

“Drinking spaces always excluded women, until fairly recently,” Clare Herrick, a geographer at King’s College London, told me. There was also the idea that “women should drink sweet sherry, or have a half-pint, not a pint.” This, she argues, came from the fear of women becoming more masculine than men, competing with men, drinking the same drinks as men. I remember experiencing the tail-end of this culture when ordering beers as a student. The barman pulled a pint for my male friend and then reached, without asking, for a half-pint glass for me.

1 Like

Yeah, when I moved to England I felt I had to gradually work myself up to standard drinking capacity, so for the first few weeks I drank half-pints, and endured huge amounts of ridicule for it.

1 Like

I’d rather have a glass that was also a measuring cup, not for exact measuring but to put my ingredients in before I set to cooking. It has saved a few baking projects as a backup. It’s also good when working with kids. It helps them catch mistake, or I can put a piece of tape on the glass where the ingredients should lign up.

https://www.amazon.com/Dezine-Products-Mix-N-Measure-Glass-Measuring/dp/B0006GNYS8

The one pictured is way too expensive, and I prefer red marks, and from time to time we find them at places like Cost Plus or on sale elsewhere.

So classy…1wzd0t

2 Likes

Also - just steal them from the pub, you degenerates!

1 Like