Dyson headphones include air-cleaning vacuum mask

C’mon, it’s an April Fools joke.

It says to me, “Not only do I not want to hear you, I don’t want to smell you either.”

It’s really not. They have a patent.

Here’s a link from Feb 2020 about the same device.

2 Likes

This isn’t the thing I need, but I do often wear headphones and a respirator at the same time; whenever I run the table saw for more than a few cuts, for example. If it was made for the shop and they worked in some hi-viz colors and faux diamond tread patterning, I think they would have a hit.

Does it suck?

3 Likes

Brexit is probably the shittiest Dyson product.

Although I have to say, the Dyson Airblade really is the only hand drier that actually dries your hands. Using one of those for the first time was an eye-opening experience.

4 Likes

Almost as well as a paper towel, but with more pathogenic poo germ flinging :slight_smile: It’s like a way to unwash your hands with other peoples’ germs after washing them.

3 Likes

I mean, personally I am a big fan of those reusable cloth towel dispensers but if it has to be an electric hand drier an Airblade probably flings around fewer particles than the other ones. And it dries your hands.

2 Likes

I remember those back in the olden days - but I was never sure if it was just on a continuous loop or if it had separate dispenser and take up reels and was sent out to be laundered. :-/

Dunno. The air is much higher velocity. One study, that Dyson disputes, suggested that they are effective at flinging viruses.

The Guardian writes that industry groups have been very contentious over the issue as there is lots of money at stake.

3 Likes

Here in Europe they are still common. Not as common as I would like but reasonably so. Modern ones often have slightly transparent sides, now that you mention it, I guess so people don’t have to wonder that they are of course not a continuous loop.

4 Likes

Obligs for an old joke…

When you kiss your honey,
And your nose is runny,
You’d really think it’s funny,
But it’s snot.

1 Like

Dyson didn’t invent it, Mitsubishi did, they have been in use in Japan since the 90’s.

2 Likes

I see. Thanks for that info. Now my sense that Dyson is a charlatan is restored.

2 Likes

I should add that paper towels, like all single use products, have always struck me as incredibly wasteful. They work better than any of the alternatives, but still. The cloth towel dispenser can be restocked with laundered towels, which is probably more energy efficient than an electric hand drier, but what with transporting the towels, who knows. For now the reusable reel of cloth towels seems like the best alternative to me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.