E. Jean Carroll fired from ELLE magazine after Trump rape allegation, readers call for #NoWayinElle boycott

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/19/e-jean-carroll-fired-from-ell.html

5 Likes

“I don’t blame Elle."

Er, why not? Seems like she really should be blaming them, unless she knows some other, actually legitimate reason they’re letting her go, which doesn’t seem to be the case.

21 Likes

Wow. Fuck Elle. Wonder what trump ever did for them - and by “Wonder” I mean I’m sure there is some rich 1%er behind protecting trump here.

13 Likes
11 Likes

She is choosing her battles, which is wise. We, on the other hand, are free to blame Elle. Have at 'em, gang!

24 Likes

Could be more ammunition for the lawsuit. Now she has concrete damages, easily provable. If it were Elle’s fault not the rapist’s fault then she wouldn’t have that. Take him down!

8 Likes

Perhaps not blaming them makes accepting a re-hire easier.

8 Likes

" Elle’s decision to fire E. Jean Carroll makes me question its commitment to supporting and believing women."
Now, that’s just naive. Magazines like this exist for one reason - to sell you things. (Making you miserable is just a side-effect.)
Shake off the shackles, speak the truth and shame the devil!

5 Likes

Seems like Teen Vogue might have room for someone like her.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.