Edinburgh parents inconsolably distraught over chalk drawing that looks like Peppa Pig in bacon sandwich advertisement

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a lot of kids whose meat consumption consists entirely of processed versions, like burgers, bacon, and nuggets, who never really made the connection. I personally know a woman who got to her 20’s without ever realizing that the “chicken” part of the patty she ate in sandwiches was the same as the bird. Personally, I like that this restaurant’s sign makes the connection; I think if people more frequently confronted the sources of the meat they ate, they would eat less of it.

1 Like

Or Werner Herzog?

Grandpa Pig, “Nature here is vile. I see fornication and asphyxiation and choking and fighting for survival and growing and just rotting away…”

6 Likes

Werner Herz-hog?

7 Likes

This sign used to be on the Chicago Southside until recently. The neon sign of “Sausage by Rosario” showed animation of the pig leaping into the grinder. I’m sure @chgoliz knew the place. It closed in 2016 and the sign came down in 2019 I think.

Ooh, BoingBoing did an article on it once!

5 Likes

I’ve driven through Oak Lawn, but it’s not a place I’ve spent any time, so I never knew the place, sorry.

The real loss on the south side of Chicago was when Moo & Oink closed. It’s a dollar store now, which just adds insult to injury.

The photo at the top of this article was from our local store, but they had a number of locations:

4 Likes

Thank you. I now have to add this film to my ‘to be seen’ list.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.