Elderly woman beats mugger with bacon

Parts of that have definitely not aged well.
The Rochdale training sequence is still hilarious though. :slight_smile:

The Nationwide section is funnier, but embedding for that video has been disabled. (updated - found it on another video)

1 Like

I’ve changed the video, as I hadn’t spotted the part with minstrel looking boxer. That’s definitely not funny.

1 Like

The bit you updated the link to is way funnier as well. Thanks for that! :smiley:

What are the odds of being mugged by a vegan?

surely that is a pork chop not bacon! Bacon is normally a few mm thick that looks about 1cm

3 Likes

It still is roughly that shape though. It’s what in the US we’d refer to as “back bacon”. Then there’s “Canadian bacon”, that comes from those weird cylindrical pigs they grow up there.

5 Likes

Yeah, it is definitely the same tasty tasty shape. Don’t know how i’d adjust to American bacon, looks very fatty

1 Like

It is. I eat it vary rarely, and prefer pancetta or prosciutto in a lot of cases.

2 Likes

There should be kosher and halal equivalents.

2 Likes

so… we can safely assume that she’s the one that brings the bacon home?

6 Likes

The bacon in the picture says “America’s Favorite” with the weight in 16oz. Bacon in Britain is sold in metric due to the tyranny of the EU.

2 Likes

Bacon as a weapon. Who’d have thunk it. I’m now expecting it to be banned in the UK.

1 Like

Well it is a weapon of mass arterial clogination*.

(Sorry, couldn’t think of an actual descriptive English word)

2 Likes

At that point, Mary Maloney simply walked up behind him and without any pause, she swung the big frozen leg of lamb high in the air and brought it down as hard as she could on the back of his head. She might as well have hit him with a steel bar.
She stepped back, waiting, and the strange thing was that he remained standing there for at least four or five seconds. Then he crashed onto the carpet.

–from Lamb To The Slaughter by Roald Dahl

That story would have been even better with bacon, but then isn’t everything?

9 Likes

But heart valves from pigs have successfully been used for xenotransplantation, so the two kind of cancel each other out.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ah, frozen bacon.

10 Likes

And it is very salty which is why it is oh so tasty. Not the best thing for you but quite yummy.

3 Likes

Always six degrees or less!

4 Likes