Elderly woman beats mugger with bacon

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/20/elderly-woman-beats-mugger-wit.html

3 Likes

The “bacon” is strong in this one.

14 Likes

#beatoffwithbacon” … snicker

14 Likes

Pork; it’s what’s for… self defense?

16 Likes

Bacon is clearly an effective defensive weapon. We need to implement a bacon-for-guns exchange program in America immediately. This will solve our gun problem. If anyone likes guns more than bacon, they’re clearly not a real Murican™ and don’t deserve 2nd Amendment rights anyway!

16 Likes

You mean a “good-guy with the bacon” kind of thingy?

14 Likes

I can’t figure out how I knew as soon as I read the headline that this would be in the UK. Also, can someone answer this: isn’t bacon in the UK much different than bacon in the US?

Best thing to do. It’ll stop things from getting dried-out and overcooked in the oven, while giving a nice, smoky, salty note.

What? **B**eats mugger? Oh, OK.

As you were, then. :blush:

4 Likes

The good granny with the bacon?

For self-defense, make mine “Canadian,” (and unsliced).

In U.S. it is store robs YOU!

2 Likes

Mmmmmm… bacon… is there nothing it cannot do?

5 Likes

Prevent clogged arteries?

9 Likes

See what happens when you outlaw guns? Law-abiding citizens have to defend themselves with breakfast foods!

11 Likes

So the robber ran off shouting, “Ow! Enough, lady, that hurts and is also delicious!”

6 Likes

Yes. It’s taken from a different part of the pig and is generally much thicker than the bacon you typically get in American grocery stores.

4 Likes

British bacon comes in somewhat the shape of a Maori war club.

15 Likes

END GAME

1 Like

I’d just be happy keeping it to “a good guy with a halberd”

2 Likes

successfully defend themselves with breakfast foods. Let’s see your AR-15 deliciously destroy dignity at only 4 quid a kilogram.

1 Like

Muggers taste like chicken!

And baby muggers taste like eggs!

2 Likes

Normally, it’s black pudding and the martial art of ecky thump, rather than bacon, that Mancunians use.

(video updated as I didn’t spot the offensive minstrel scene in the original.)

4 Likes