Election-denying demon hunter will chair Michigan GOP

Originally published at: Election-denying demon hunter will chair Michigan GOP | Boing Boing

9 Likes

On one hand, I’m glad the MI GOP is possibly loosening their principle that only white men can be in charge.

On the other hand, it’s notable what’s left after they put that principle aside…

7 Likes

Ok. I’m digging the wingnut visual. We need stickers!

8 Likes

Here’s an actual quote:

“Abortion is really nothing new. The child sacrifice is a very satanic practice, and that’s precisely what abortion is. And we need to see it as such… When people in other cultures, when they engage in child sacrifice, they didn’t just sacrifice the child for the sake of bloodshed. They sacrificed the child cuz they were hoping to get prosperity and that’s precisely why people have abortion now. ‘Because I’m not ready. I don’t wanna have a baby. I don’t feel like it. I don’t have time. I wanna make more money. I want my freedom.’ So you’re sacrificing that child hoping to get something out of their death, which is your freedom, your happiness, your prosperity.”

Source:

14 Likes

Voters: “We want normal people, not crazy people.”
GOP: “Tell ya what, how 'bout if we offer you some crazy people.”

9 Likes

Nobody in Michigan will support co-opting “wingnut” from it’s current use, which is to describe fans of the Detroit Red Wings.

The Michigan GOP are just shitweasels.

20 Likes

But the graphic shorthand for shitweasels is considerably less appealing. I suppose you could go with poop badger :poop::badger:.

9 Likes

Nope. Badgers can stay in Wisconsin. And these shitweasels don’t get to use wolverines, either. That’s taken. I like the term shitweasels. It’s like they are pretending to be wolverines, but are too skinny and stinky.

10 Likes

It’s worth remembering that this is all because Michigan voters forced an end to gerrymandering (https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/29/us/politics/michigan-congressional-maps.html). With the old croocked maps the wingnuts were winning just fine. Gerrymandering hurts us all.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.