Elections 2021 and 2022

NM is pretty reliably Dem, which is kind of odd, being situated as it is between Arizona and Texass.
but! a win is a win and maintaining the House majority is ultimate in importance.
let’s keep it up in our own states. (here we have to get rid of a certain asshole governor, one idiot senator and one criminal senator and a whole passel of Rep reps, but hey! one at a time, yeah?)

3 Likes

We have to stop thinking about Red States as places that are filled with redneck dipshit who keep these awful people in power.

For all the good it will do for me to highlight this, since no really listens here, but I’ll do it anyway.

From

10 Likes

There are a few places where GQP candidates might be able to win on a level playing field (Idaho comes to mind) but the big players, like TX and FL, are game over if we can overcome the voter suppression. This is why the GA swing was so terrifying to them, and why Stacy Abrams is public enemy number one. It showed that it can be done, and a huge chunk of their strategy is to keep the left hopeless. This next round of elections could be a real game changer, although I will predict now that if it looks like they are losing, especially if it is significant, there will be some who turn to violence. The extremists are running the show over there.

9 Likes
6 Likes

Angry Going Under GIF by AGGROCRAB

7 Likes

Originally posted by @j9c in the good stuff thread…

6 Likes

That is one seriously impressive individual! And his opponent is a twit, to be kind. This is where level playing field and voter suppression meet voter engagement and democratic values. Once more, into the breech, my friends!

6 Likes

That is indeed kind. Comparing those two is like comparing night and day. Or black and…white.

Yeah. What a fucked up society where his being black is still a such a huge factor in the difficulty he’ll have running against a turd like S H Sanders.

5 Likes

The efforts to keep confusing voting restrictions alive in Texas:

More legislation and lawsuits to come… we’ll see how many are resolved before November.

8 Likes

Why? Over a $250 donation to earthquake relief. Hmm, yeah, not at all looking like “just get me an excuse! Any excuse will do!”

7 Likes

Applying for voter registration puts the burden of due diligence on the state. Once the voter is registered, that’s permission to vote.

This case is like applying for a loan, getting approved, getting a check, spending it, then being accused of stealing the money that was loaned.

7 Likes

Youngkin is a Trump-loving, right-wing extremist which doesn’t play well in Virginia these days. He’s going to avoid saying anything until the election and let misleading ads do his talking. Total coward.

2 Likes

yeah, but he has no public record, which is, I am sure, why they nominated him, as well as why they nixed a primary, where there would be actual public discussion of positions. Their only hope is plead ignorance. Also, of course, had there been a primary, Amanda Chase would be the candidate and there would be a landslide for McCauliffe, half-assed as he might be.

5 Likes

The Democrats had a primary on June 4. McAuliffe did win in a landslide.

1 Like

I was referring to the general. If it were Chase vs. McCauliffe, (I think) it would be a blow-out. Youngkin is enough of an unknown that I worry enough folks could talk themselves into voting for him, where Chase would have driven people away in droves and energized the dems. Youngkin is going out of his way to say nothing, and count of folks voting for “their team” regardless, while lulling the dems to sleep.

4 Likes

They are doing exactly what they said they were going to do, keep those dastardly Democrats from “stealing” anymore elections, by keeping their votes from counting. I don’t know what options are available to fight this, but it must be fought.

9 Likes

Yikes

10 Likes

The importance of a law like this cannot be overstated. The right wing is setting up a system where any election result they do not like can simply be nullified. This must be stopped if we are to continue to have a democracy.

11 Likes

Not meant to be a reply to Docosc. Derp

5 Likes
7 Likes