Elections 2021 and 2022

Meanwhile, pols are all over my email. I’d rather hear from a pollster via snail mail than the PACs I’m dealing with now. The previous resident at my address must’ve had a red hat collection, based on the amount of committees sending pleas for donations (despite my repeated rejections and requests to stop sending them).

6 Likes

The debate between PA Dem Senate Candidates John Fetterman, Malcolm Kenyatta and Connor Lamb is being streamed today at 3:00 pm at the above site. For those interested.

PCN is on some cable providers as well.

Edit:

It looks like Fetterman is ditching the debate. Not a good look.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Is Fetterman a good one? Bad?

4 Likes

He was thought to be.

Any of the top three candidates will be much better than any R - and not be a Manchin or Sinema. But this is making Fetterman look much more surface in his “outsider” image. Huge guy - tons of tattoos- doesn’t wear a suit - shaved head.

He’s ducked out in speaking to the Black Clergy in Philadelphia when an incident became more public earlier this year. He had an incident some years back where he chased where he pulled a gun on a Black jogger - he thought there were gunshots nearby. He was Mayor of Braddock, PA then. A town that’s 70% Black and which re-elected him after. He’s often credited with turning that “dying” town around.

All of them would support the Dem legislation being stalled.

Lamb is a White gay Dem from western PA who plays up enlisting in the Marines & the most centrist of the group. Like Fetterman, from a smaller town.

Kenyatta is a young Black gay guy from Philly. The most progressive of the group.

Last polling had 28% Fetterman, Lamb at 15% & Kenyatta at 2% (down from 13?). Fetterman has a huge war chest and a lot of out of state money. Lamb has pretty good funding. Kenyatta not in their leagues.

Fetterman and Lamb have been blanketing the cable with ads - which has hurt Kenyatta by his absence- and helped Lamb close slightly with Fetterman.

Lamb has been hitting up Fetterman pretty hard for not coming to the debate and discussing the incident from 2013.

Here’s some of how Fetterman sells himself.

8 Likes

They understand this works both ways right?

13 Likes

They do not. Because they believe that they’ll be able to use this to keep Stacey Abrams out of the governor’s office in the first place.

Stacey Abrams GIF by GIPHY News

14 Likes
7 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

10 Likes

Looking at the Methodology section here, I’m following up on what I posted earlier today about these polls being used to generate headlines. On one hand, maybe it gets people on the fence out to vote. OTOH, when they come up with results that aren’t close it might convince people that their vote doesn’t matter. Either way, not reporting how many people were polled is bugging the hell out of me.

10 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t sound right to me, either…

ETA - I’ll also add that part of what helped flip the state in 2020 was Trump himself - there were plenty of ballots that were party line for the GOP down ballot, but the president was either left blank or people voted for Biden. And his close association with Perdue and… what’s her name, I can’t even remember now?.. hurt them in the general. Trump is not on the ballot this year, but if GA is just as contentious as everyone is saying it’s gonna be, and Trump spends lots of time supporting his candidates, then he could very well help to undermine them.

8 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

8 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes

star wars please GIF by Hyper RPG

4 Likes

Pence is in a speaking tour. He thinks he can run for President in 24.

I mean - sure - he can run.

13 Likes

Trumplet.

12 Likes

Face Palm No GIF

10 Likes

I would love to see his opponents quote Big Daddy (a bit) when talking about Walker’s claims:

7 Likes