Elections 2021 and 2022

The run off between Cueller and Cisneros is too close to call. 175 votes. Which didn’t stop Cueller from declaring victory. Cueller is under FBI investigation and the last forced-birth democrat in US house. Pelosi and other major players endorsed him anyway. Huge amounts of money spent on his behalf. Cisneros is an immigration attny and unapologetically pro-choice.
This run off is being looked at as a referendum on the Democratic party here in Texas. “Moderate” (almost GOP imo) vs. progressive. Not sure I believe that. But Cueller has got to go. A democrat in the mold of manchin or sinema.

7 Likes

Also less motivation for Democrats to show up since Abrams was running unopposed. Kemp isn’t going to have an easy time beating her in the general election, especially since he already had to spend some of his campaign funds and political capital just making it through the primary.

8 Likes

I agree, especially if Perdue decides to make a stink about losing… I don’t see how he can, given just how badly he lost, but he might try.

8 Likes

Or if Trump decides to keep attacking Kemp for his “betrayal.”

8 Likes

Maybe… but that could also drive moderate support for Kemp, too.

5 Likes

This is who you’re putting up against Senator Warnock?

10 Likes

Yeah… WTF?

Shakes Head No GIF by Election 2020

10 Likes

Goes to show that leaders in the GOP really don’t care. They want electability, not ability to do the job. They care about winning, and having a majority to further their goals - that’s it. Notice how they don’t bother to keep the worst pols in line after they take office, either. :woman_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

This is almost a year old, I’m just seeing it now. Possibly others here have seen it already but I thought I’d post it anyway.

"If the 2022 midterms elections allow Republicans to gain control of Congress, Conservative Christians will decimate this nation, and LGBTQ people, Muslims, women, people of color, and non-Christians will never have equality under the law again. We will all be at their mercy—and they will no longer have use for mercy.

This is not alarmist, sky-is-falling histrionics, it is the clear and sober forecast from someone who knows these people better than anyone. "

10 Likes
7 Likes

A good point: the NRA is still dealing with legal troubles, so even Republicans should be able to use this upcoming election as a way to move the party from Trumpism, 2A fetishism, etc. If they don’t, then they’re admitting there’s no real difference between them and the MAGAts:

9 Likes

Although his influence is waning, I wonder if they are still hoping Trump has value as a fundraiser. People were buying all that MAGA merch and shady groups were making huge donations. The timing might also be right to cut ties before the Jan. 6th committee exposes details about RNC and Trump campaign practices, though:

9 Likes

And the NRA got most of that scratch from Russian sources, IIRC. So the NRA were laundering money for Putin to illegally fund Republican politicians.

10 Likes

Trump never shares the rake off from the marks.

8 Likes

It ain’t over till it’s over

7 Likes

Wow, first the Gary Chambers ads and now this! I hope Charles Booker has a successful campaign:

10 Likes

For LA County mutants—

I looked at the LA County Bar Association recommendations and it appears that the panel ranked prosecutorial candidates as more qualified. I decided to make a conscious effort to vote for public defenders who are running for LA County Superior Court Judges.

These are the people I’m supporting:

https://thedefendersofjustice2022.com/ and https://www.handlerforjudge2022.com/

8 Likes

The one prominent Trump-endorsed candidate in Georgia who actually won his primary race and it looks like he and Trump may already be having a falling out.

https://thehill.com/news/campaign/3507012-herschel-walker-mad-at-trump-over-remarks-about-senate-bid/

11 Likes

seth meyers janet GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

9 Likes
5 Likes