Elections 2021 and 2022

Fucking traitors. They’re willing to fuck over other women, killing some of them, for what? A god damn tax cut? Fucking Gilead?

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

12 Likes

The greatest trick the patriarchy ever pulled was tricking people into thinking that it’s in their own interest.

5 Likes

I don’t know if that will hold up, i certainly hope not, but if it does, paint me very confused. “They want to take away my basic human rights, and think it is fine if i die of a completely treatable condition, sure. But gas prices are so high!” Sigh.

13 Likes

“I don’t care if leopards eat my face so long as I get to see some fucking carnage!” Says woman who heavily invested in face eating protective gear.

12 Likes

Conservative men have been convincing women that controlling them is for their benefit for a long time. The main selling points seem to be protection, power, and privilege. The fantasy of a life of comfort and being cared for without any concerns (because someone else will handle everything) is appealing to some people. Others are kept dependent their entire lives, so the alternative of having to navigate a complex and challenging world is scary. The idea of being better off than or above the “others” appeals to some (especially those without much else). This is why they continue supporting “traditional values” and patriarchal systems.

Women who go along with this tend to find out the truth when they are older. Divorce, death of a spouse, and/or disaffected children (who don’t want to manage their mothers’ lives, too) serve as a wake-up call for some of them. Imagine a woman with little education and/or little work experience between the ages of 40-65 having to start supporting themselves. It won’t be like Alice (because waiting tables wouldn’t be enough for a woman, her son, and an apartment) or One Day at a Time (a career path requiring a degree). All of the inequality in earnings really hits home if they can’t get alimony or child support, and need any kind of public assistance. It gets worse once they discover what contributory systems like Social Security provide to underemployed and underpaid workers.

At that point, there’s probably a lot of resentment and regret. If the conditioning against the “others” or nostalgia for the past that will never come again remains, they might continue to vote GOP in the hope that pols will finally fulfill their promises to fix everything. We know that they are empty promises, but at this point the GOP has convinced some of their base that voting for the other party is like voting for the devil. :woman_shrugging:t4:

14 Likes
13 Likes

Let’s hope he stays healthy!

8 Likes

ETA new article…

8 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/michigan-governor-fraudlent-signatures

Unfortunately, the Trump-endorsed, deVos-backed candidate is not one of these idiots who are disqualified.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I didn’t respond at the time, but the GOP in Texas proposed a district map that eliminated a Democratic district from Texas and made every red district more red. So they lost a blue seat in the house. I think it’s caught up in legal battles or whatever, but it was obviously coordinated and dangerous and to ignore that (to me) is the wrong take to have even if it doesn’t work this time. The National Review pretending that it was a Trump administration whoopsie-daisy is the true ignorance in the whole thing.

9 Likes

It’s our turn today, folks…

9 Likes

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

9 Likes
8 Likes

Paxton shouldn’t even be able to run. The guy is a criminal being held in place with GOP glue.

9 Likes

An overview of last night from GA…

MTG won her nomination. And McBath defeated Bourdeaux in the 7th…

Here is more from Politico…

9 Likes

One thing looks strange to me. Even people running unopposed tend to have votes. Yet every time I try to find out how many registered Democrats voted for Abrams, the results are blank. Is this usual in GA? Do they analyze based on how many votes were counted for the other races on the ticket? :confused:

4 Likes

No, that must be a glitch on the politico side… CNN has the numbers…

Less than Kemp got at over 800,000. But I’m guessing that some normally democratic voters voted on the GOP primary race, specifically to vote against the Trump candidates.

11 Likes

Cool…thanks! :grin:

6 Likes

No Problem Thumbs Up GIF

7 Likes