Elections 2021 and 2022

Crap. Here we go with the GQP “if we can’t have it all, we will make sure no one can have any” strategy of democratic destruction.

9 Likes

I put little faith in polling after 2016, but this is encouraging

10 Likes

PA-Sen, PA-Gov : Suffolk University’s new poll for USA Today shows Democrat John Fetterman leading Republican Mehmet Oz 46-37 in race for U.S. Senate, while Democrat Josh Shapiro posts a smaller 44-40 advantage over QAnon ally Doug Mastriano in the contest for governor. This is the first look we’ve gotten at a Fetterman-Oz matchup since December of last year, as well as the very first public survey of the gubernatorial race

8 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

OMG… that’s perfect. He needs to use that on all his merch.

6 Likes
12 Likes

ETA: After thinking on this article a bit, it occurred to me (slow as I am) that this is a Republican primary in a heavily Trumpist district. There are no Democrats to demonize or reject, this is rejecting the idea of election as a concept, not just rejecting an unfavorable outcome. They are openly and proudly opposing the very concept of popular election of officials, even if the election is favorable to MAGAts. This is even more terrifying on further consideration than it was initially.

14 Likes

Scary!

9 Likes

I guess GOP candidates will remain popular among some lawyers, because the election-related lawsuits just keep coming…

Of course, I wouldn’t be upset to see Fox News penalized for anything at this point.

6 Likes

This seems like the situation the 14th Amendment was built for. No insurrectionist should be allowed to even run for office, and can be removed if they show their true colors.

10 Likes

It will be interesting to see if any new laws will be conjured up or amended after the Jan 06 commission ends.

Not holding my breath.

8 Likes

Keeping democrats out of the Governorship- or any statewide elected office depending on how it’s structured.

Watch other states following.

11 Likes

I know the GOP convention and planks tend to lean towards the more extreme RWNJ view. But damn. The more I read about what they decided the worse it looks

11 Likes

Ya think?

10 Likes
6 Likes

Given all the other shit that’s going on, I think that falls into the category of “necessary, but not sufficient”.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Agreed. I fear the MAGAt movement has outgrown Il Douche and taken a life of it’s own. Booing TFG at the rally in AL over vaccines was just one sign that he does not control them anymore. They want more hate than even he can deliver.

9 Likes

No Mo’ Brooks.

9 Likes