Elections 2021 and 2022

I was in the rural Northern Neck Bay Area of Va this weekend where confederate battle flags waving in front yards is common and much trump swag was prevalent during the last election. I’m happy to report just one such trump sign.

Now that I think about it there were few battle flags visible.

It will interesting to see what awaits there after trump’s entry into the race tomorrow.

Btw where the fk is Merrick??

12 Likes

if he even goes through with it. how many times was infrastructure week just around the corner, or some big reveal about clinton, or proof of election fraud?

he’s frequently got “big reveals, the biggest” and then just hopes everyone will forget

12 Likes

Maybe what he’s trying to get people to forget is the testimony in Ga tomorrow:

13 Likes

Expected Headline: Trump’s 2024 election paperwork rejected; filled out in crayon with inaccurate, missing info

13 Likes

Happiness!

22 Likes

Did we ever figure out what he was going on about 10 years and 1 month ago?

11 Likes

Here in the Valley, there are a few Trump 2024 yard signs, but a lot more Trump-Pence For VA signs. I guess i don’t understsnd…

8 Likes

Passed one bar slash dive near Lancaster that had so much trump-pence swag that it looked like an 2020 election HQ.

Faded and tattered flags are meant to be burned right?

7 Likes

my hopium tank is running low

10 Likes

He moves in mysterious ways…

4 Likes

And slow ones. He needs to shit or get off the pot. Maybe ask Joe what laxative he uses to get moving. :angry:

13 Likes

obama’s middle name is hussein :scream_cat:

11 Likes

WASHINGTON ― Donald Trump hoarded $94 million this election in his various political committees as his anointed candidates lost the Senate for Republicans in tight races where that money might have made the difference between winning and losing.

“We didn’t lose because of Trump’s rhetoric. We lost because Trump is cheap,” said one Trump adviser, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “He left them all hanging dry…. It gave a free shot for all the right-wing pundits to turn on him.”
—-

I don’t know if more Trump would have helped them - but I’m glad they’re turning on him because of his constant grifting.

17 Likes

How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

19 Likes
17 Likes

Glad to have some more good news out of the mid-terms!

Happy Megan Mullally GIF by Will & Grace

Also, excited about being able to send Lucy McBath back to congress, as she is now my congressperson.

14 Likes

And not all losses by Black women were bad. In Indiana, a white man beating a Black woman really was the best outcome:

ETA: This is an area of the state where Gary is located, for example, so the Republican party thought if they put up a Black candidate they’d win.

11 Likes

not about an election, but related to the elections - the GA House Speaker died, about 2 weeks after announcing he was out for the next session as Speaker, David Ralson…

11 Likes

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

Expected of course, but at least it’s not going to be a huge margin, and the Democrats still have the Senate and the White House… I’m not happy about divided government, but things could have been much worse.

Anyways, I’m wondering if the freedom caucus is going to make trouble for McCarthy? Let’s hope so.

But some good news from local elections (in this case, LA):

17 Likes

He’s going to have a lot of trouble corraling factions within his party, and thus getting a majority for at least some votes. And for “investigations.” I don’t think with the red wave having turned out to be a trickle, there’s going to be much support for hunting down the nefarious meanings of Hunter’s laptop.

Voters signaled they’re getting tired of Trumpian extremism, and I think a lot of Republican House members are going to see a need to appease that call for moderation. All while the Empty G brigade is going to keep spewing fire and brimstone. With such a slim majority, it seems like McCarthy will have to spend as much or more time herding cats as he can hurting Dems.

15 Likes