Elections 2021 and 2022

Yes. Let’s just ignore it and pretend it will go away… that always works with right wingers… /s

11 Likes

So it’s just attempted crime?

Cool, well that’s never illegal.

13 Likes

Right? I’m very sure that kids looking to joy ride and testing doors when caught by the cops have been arrested. Or sometimes shot.

12 Likes

Nah, GQPers don’t need fig leafs these days, ain’t ya heard?

9 Likes

Not ignoring it, just paraphrasing the article.

Scott O. Konopasek, the head of Fairfax’s elections office, said it doesn’t appear that the teen violated any state election laws.
“The man did not vote. He made no false statements,” Konopasek said. “He did not disrupt voting. Based upon information available to me now, it appears that he committed no election offense as defined in Chapter 10 of the Elections Code.”

Just about every week, my neighbors capture on camera and share to social media would-be burglars wandering the neighborhood in the dark of night. Despite being caught wholly identifiably on film going house to house, checking both car and front doors, the cops who have been repeatedly called insist that if no burglary occurred, no crime has been committed. If the cops are arresting and shooting people doing this - and I’m not saying it’s not happening somewhere - they’re actively ignoring it where I live.

1 Like

Personal anecdote here… there were several postings a day on my local Va. NextDoor or Patch regarding criminal activity or suspected criminal activity before the recent elections. Now that the election is over I haven’t seen but maybe one or two posts in that regard. Funny that.

8 Likes

I am in your vicinity, and I, too, noticed the raging agitators and their astroturfing armies daily carpetbombing the neighborhood NextDoors with barely-concealed threats at school boards and foaming-at-the-mouth screeds over CRT, student safety, and Biden sending the feds after “terrorist” parents, all of which abruptly ceased on Nov. 3rd as if it were suddenly no longer a concern.

6 Likes

Well it isn’t, the racist assholes won.

Fear, it’s all they have.

6 Likes

Reportage a little too late?

4 Likes

They probably expected Trumpkin to lose and were preparing to claim the election was rigged. They had a improper counting ballots case against Fairfax County thrown out of court a week before the election too.

2 Likes

But VIRGINIA!!! /s

18 Likes

I am struggling to come to grips with how American media portrayal of the US’s political landscape is so wildly F’d up, differential to the right-wing, and manipulative. Late to the party, I know, but wow it is really warped. I don’t even know how to adjust my meager media diet to gain a clearer perspective.

This tweet is reassuring though; thank you for this.

11 Likes

Is that enough to change how the redistricting will go?

2 Likes

No, but it shows that it’s not just ATL that is shifting blue, and that Abrams’ strategy of targeting the whole state, not just the blue areas, bore long term fruit. It’s a long term project, flipping a state, but it’s the way to win.

11 Likes

Dogspeed. We’re going to need Ga. because Va. can no longer be counted on.

5 Likes

I think people are freaking out a bit too much over VA. The vote almost always in recent years has gone to the opposite party. Voter turn out was low across the board, because off-year, off-year, and the GOP base was fired up, while the democrats were not. This was an expected outcome, I’d argue.

12 Likes

Our favorite, Michael Harriot, writing for the Guardian this time:

12 Likes
9 Likes

Oh doesn’t that silly Michelle Harridan know that the only real problem is classism!

/s

5 Likes
8 Likes