Elections 2021 and 2022

Don’t need to say you’re running for re-election if you can just declare yourself the winner anyway, I guess.

4 Likes

I guess that makes me the heavy weight champion of the world?

8 Likes

How’s it going, I just won three nobels and a pair of oscars!

7 Likes

I’m particularly grateful to have been recognized with both the Star Fleet Medal of Honor and the Christopher Pike Medal.

9 Likes

I just got awarded second prize at the local high school science fair.

I’m not greedy.

8 Likes
12 Likes

These developments (and similar moves from GOP the playbook being used in other states) will impact future election cycles, too:

8 Likes

Yeah. This is not good. That ship has sailed GOP on trying to regain control of Gwinnett.

They’ll try to split the county, next, which is near to about 1 million people.

8 Likes
12 Likes

Great points to consider for 2022:

9 Likes

The GOP dominated state legislature put out congressional maps today in my state of GA - to see the most current map, you need to click on the drop down on the right and click on the one that says November 17 on it:

https://georgia.redistrictingandyou.org/?districtType=cd&propA=current_2012&propB=genassm_20210927#%26map=6.4/32.9/-83.3

The most controversial is the 6th district:

It literally carves out two now Black majority communities and gives it to the 14th (which is MTG), and then carves puts in white majority areas from some more conservative counties. If she runs in the 6th, she will have an uphill battle. One of her key issues was gun control and people up in Forsyth love their guns.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Sure sounds like Larry Hogan is going to run in '24…

(sorry 'bout the Fox affiliate link)

6 Likes
13 Likes

Translation: My polling sucked. And it pays what? I can get ten times that yearly salary for an Arby’s commercial.

12 Likes

Correction: “Actor Matthew McConaughey announced Sunday that a future in political leadership is not in the cards – alright alright now.”

6 Likes

I just – I’m more of a folksy and philosopher poet statesman than I am a, per se, definitive politician."

The announcement, which was so full of useless words it reminded me of some of my senior term papers, focused on McConaughey’s quest to “be most useful” in this life and his realization that politics was not the answer to his grand search.

ouran-HS-host-club-haruhi-rich-people

9 Likes

He’s done with doing Rom Coms for a while and now he has some branding as a political candidate in future roles that pay wayyyy better than real life politics and are probably actually a lot more fun. Good for him sincerely… I believe he made the right choice. He’d do a lot better influencing the sphere of life he understands best in the entertainment industry. Celebs should really take the exposure effect seriously if/when they consider whether they’d be good politicians.

11 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes