Elections 2021 and 2022

Feature, not bug.

9 Likes

And fascists, not civil servants.

9 Likes

If only PA (and NJ) could avoid the next round of “celebrity running for office” news. Dr. Oz isn’t even a good doctor, so after TV he’s trying for the US Senate…

6 Likes

Mayor Dickens it is!

6 Likes

Good news? Bad?

1 Like

I think he’s fine… he was backed by Mayor Bottoms and former Mayor Franklin and is from the city and has spent time in city government. Moore had a bit more experience, I think. I was in generally disappointed that the affordable crisis issue got pushed down in favor of the 'crime wave" that everyone is freaking out about… That’s part of what’s opened up space for the Buckhead city movement, which is led by mostly white business people. They both had the same answer to fears about crime, which is to hire more cops… :roll_eyes: I live outside the city, but obviously, these elections impact us because ATL is the center of gravity here.

TLDR, I think he’ll be much like a second term of Mayor Bottoms. He seems to be in line with her vision of the city…

8 Likes

Go You Can Do It GIF by Amanda Cee Media

15 Likes

9 Likes

So, Robert Iger is out at Disney. Will he run in ‘24?

1 Like

Just coming to post that!!!

Stacey Abrams Democrat GIF by GIPHY News

13 Likes

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

11 Likes
11 Likes

Oh the FCC still has broadcasting rules??

Signed,

A dismayed relative of several people who’ve had their brains eaten by the fire hose of lies that is Fox “News”

14 Likes
8 Likes

Is Dr. Oz getting advice from Rick Santorum? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

After claiming Democrats were ‘cheating’ ahead of Nov. 2 elections, state Sen. Amanda Chase has yet to share proof

“ But Chase refused to provide specifics on whether the report has found any evidence of election fraud or cheating ahead of the Nov. 2 elections, saying that trying to prove fraud “is a really difficult feat.” She also declined to answer which member of Youngkin’s campaign she shared information with before the election and what exactly was provided.”

Yes. It’s hard to provide evidence for something that doesn’t exit.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Wait. This US representative really thinks Oz is the best bet for victory because of his medical background and celebrity name recognition?
Yeah. I think this politco article is a bit more honest. Name recognition and lots of money

I wonder how his first name (Mehmet), religion (Muslim), and association with a Black woman are going to pan out with the base the GOP are courting/exploiting/radicalizing?

6 Likes

Lauren Conrad Yes GIF by The Hills

It’s the exact same reason that Trump threw his weight behind Hershel Walker - high profile figure who is also Black… he probably thinks that most Democratic voters are so stupid and racist that we would not be able to tell the difference between two Black men (like he probably can’t)…

It allows them to pretend like they’re not racist or Islamophobic…

7 Likes

The same way the Intellectual Anti-Enlightenment Dark Web liked to pal around with Milo Yiannopolous. They get their shield against “the woke” by dragging out a gay man to be racist, and a black man to be homophobic and a woman to be anti-suffrage, and when any of their stupid, stupid points are shot down, then the response is “you can’t say that, you’re just homophobic/racist/sexist!”.

Until, of course, the horrible people they use as mouthpieces turn out to be too horrible even for the Heritage Foundation and they have to be unpersoned and “they were never affiliated with us”.

5 Likes