Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

braveheart GIF

Welcome to Scotland!

4 Likes

Interesting article about voter databases, racism, and the impact on campaigns / elections:

5 Likes

Awesome stuff from Biden:

8 Likes

Hopefully this goes as well as his fight with Disney has so far.

5 Likes

DeSantis downplays Jan. 6, says it wasn't an insurrection but a 'protest' that 'ended up devolving'

plus Russell Brand for extra :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

ron desantis

I Hate Him Donna Meagle GIF by Parks and Recreation

6 Likes

“Joe Biden is waging war on the U.S. auto industry with a series of crippling mandates designed to force Americans into expensive electric cars, even as thousands of electric cars are piling up on car lots, all unsold,” Trump said. “This ridiculous Green New Deal crusade is causing car prices to skyrocket while setting the stage for the destruction of American auto production.”“

Trump’s coming for you, Elon.

7 Likes

He’s so dumb he thinks electric cars are going to save the planet. Which he hates of course. They’re not, it was never about that. They are there to save the car industry.

4 Likes

“The election in 2024 is bound to be tight no matter who runs, but Trump simply isn’t getting stronger with every new indictment. If anyone is benefiting right now from Trump’s alleged criming, it’s Biden.”

8 Likes

I approve this message!

6 Likes

This is a hoot. And yes, if you know Garfunkel and Oates, you already know which video it is!

3 Likes
5 Likes

Elections have consequences, and this article is alarmingly depressing. Don’t read it.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I don’t know the best place for this as it touches in so many things. But it seems to boil down voting.

7 Likes

I can never think of the song title without thinking of this context ever again :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah. I love my EV but to save the planet we need to do much more to densify our living arrangements to the point public transportation becomes more effective – and yes, use EV for the dwindling use cases that public transportation cannot reach.

Of course the Neanderthals would hate that even more (apologies to the historical Neanderthals) but Trump and his ilk has never known what’s actually good for industry anyway, so they rage against middle ground solutions that actually protect incumbents.

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I do look forward to all cars being electric, as the urban environment will be improved.

8 Likes

I know which one wants to eliminate me.

3 Likes

Me too. As long as they are not Ubers and Lyfts.

The reduction in noise and smoke pollution would be appreciated

3 Likes