Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 1)

14 Likes

Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

10 Likes

This is weird.

Thompson had almost decided not to run after she was arrested outside City Hall a half-hour before a regularly scheduled Feb. 7 council meeting for supposedly altering a draft of the agenda. Instead of attending the meeting and voting against Mayor Acy McGehee on a variety of issues, Thompson was strip-searched and told to squat and spread her butt cheeks and cough at the jail.

10 Likes

Oh I wonder how that mixup could possibly have happened at that exact moment.

10 Likes

They just can’t stop themselves.

8 Likes

Certainly, this time, they’ll win! Just like with repealing Obama care!!!

7 Likes

I didn’t know about this. And need to dig deeper into it to be sure. But if Mikey wants to get rid of government waste- here’s a place to start:

“The vice president doesn’t get a pension from the office of the vice president, however, he or she does get a pension for serving as President of the Senate. Congress never passed a law giving a pension to the VP, however under the law, the President of the Senate gets a pension if he or she serves at least two years in that position. The VP?s duties in the Senate, other than casting a tie-breaking vote, is to preside over the Senate when in session, and preside over the joint sessions of the House and Senate when they occur. The VP also, as President of the Senate, oversees the counting of the electoral votes cast for the president and the VP.

Since these duties stem from the role as President of the Senate, the VP is entitled to a pension. In 2018, that was around $200,000 with more if the service in the Senate was longer than two years or from having served in the House or Senate during his or her career.”

10 Likes

They get benefits they want to strip from the American people…

shocked philip j fry GIF

10 Likes

Looks true. But the reporting is all about how much Biden gets from serving as president of the senate- not Pence. Funny how that works.

10 Likes
8 Likes

Just how many degrees from Russia is that?

5 Likes
11 Likes

Oh the humanity. By which I mean, why are so few other states that decent and humane?

10 Likes

Ben Stiller Agree GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

7 Likes
7 Likes

Virginia gonna get weird y’all.

6 Likes

Very well written

8 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes