Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 2)

Night assistant manager Jr.

11 Likes
9 Likes

But he wasnā€™t able to even complete one shift and got fired.

20 Likes

He has no choice but run for president.

16 Likes

Is it too much to hope that theyā€™re violating laws regulating contests, and it will add to the :clown_face: conviction count?

12 Likes

It wonā€™t be the last but hereā€™s his wtf moment for at least 30 minutes or so.

17 Likes

23 Likes

They should subtract 40 from that jersey, to match Ben Roethlisbergerā€™s number.

2 Likes

There was a spoof or spinoff (not quite sure how to describe it) of the original Terry Tate: Office Linebacker video for the 2016 election. Perhaps there should be a 2024 update?

2 Likes
13 Likes

Itā€™s half true. He weighs as much as an NFL linebacker. Heā€™s just shorter and obese.

9 Likes

Ugh, way too little way too late. :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

11 Likes

All 200 postcards for swing states are done. The instructions said my batch needs to be mailed on October 24. I think they must be the last of the 3 cards each addressee will receive. Iā€™ve followed the instructions meticulously but I have to be at my office all day the 24th. So I will pop by the post office after hours on the 23rd and put them in the post box. I might buy some fancy ice cream on the way home.

It was a lot of cards. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve written that much that consistently since law school. Maybe next time I need to organize a few get togethers and split some of the work.

27 Likes
18 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/10/21/trump-harris-worked-at-mcdonalds/

No, McDonaldā€™s didnā€™t confirm Trumpā€™s baseless claim about Kamala Harris

In a message to employees obtained by The Washington Post, the fast-food giant made clear that it isnā€™t saying what Trump says itā€™s saying.

18 Likes

:thinking:

10 Likes
11 Likes

Yay!!

I did 200 that were mailed last week. For me, doing them alone was very meditative and focused. It took me about 9 hours.

Then when they opened up more to do, I split 200 with two other women where we got together twice to do them (except that I missed the first session, with a cold). For me it was a whole different ball game doing them with other peopleā€”harder for me to focus, with chit-chat and all. But it certainly spreads the work around. And it was nice to see friends.

Now Iā€™m working on an additional 200 by myself. It seems a lot easier and smoother this timeā€”Iā€™ve had enough practice now, I guess. Itā€™s not going any faster, thoughā€”Iā€™m Ā¾ done and on track for it once again taking me 9 hours. It just feels a lot easier to do this time :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Iā€™m super impressed!

It was definitely easier to get the postcards done alone after the kid was asleep and the cats fed. If I didnā€™t feed the cats first, theyā€™d sit on things until I did.
I think my biggest issue was Iā€™m often so wiped out in the evening and writing in a legible way takes extra effort. I should have bought some white out or something. Iā€™m glad I did them though and will sign up next time. Also glad they included a few extras so the ones I messed up didnā€™t matter.

15 Likes