Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 2)

12 Likes

The losing kind?

25 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

21 Likes

What concerns me is the GOP using them as evidence in their baseless claims of cheating after they lose. Anything that doesn’t meet their expectations becomes an excuse to blame others.

14 Likes

Agreed… anything other than Trump winning will mean a tantrum on their part…

11 Likes

Canvassers cheating their own party? That’s hilarious. Republican selfishness and fraud extends all the way down to their own volunteers :laughing:

Another little bit of good news–in NY the Democratic party has finally gotten tired of losing congressional races in purple districts (we lost a recent one by 106 votes) and brought in experts to coordinate intensive canvassing and GOTV this time around. This includes a system of volunteer poll watchers and election attorneys–in our training it was implied that the Republicans are not putting in nearly as much effort…

10 Likes

It’s often the little things that are so telling about the internal psyche…

Donald Trump’s iPhone Wallpaper Is Just a Photo of Himself

Trump’s narcissism knows no bounds.

By Matt Novak Published October 22, 2024

Donald Trump with YouTubers the Nelk Boys on Trump’s private plane Oct. 12, 2024, along with a close-up showing Trump’s phone wallpaper. Image: Reddit

It’s no secret that Donald Trump is a big fan of himself. Countless mental health professionals, and even fellow Republicans, have diagnosed the former president as a raging narcissist. But new photos that have been circulating on social media probably demonstrate Trump’s narcissism in the most direct way possible. Trump’s iPhone wallpaper is just a photo of himself.

17 Likes

Makes me assume that he has a picture of himself at his desk.

12 Likes

He has the vibe of a man who sends himself dick pics.

20 Likes

That’s the lock-screen, not wall paper; regardless, the point is still quite valid.

13 Likes

Conservative Canadian Premier Blaine Higgs Loses Election After Calling Anti-Trans Stances “A Political Winner”

The loss comes as several U.S.-based politicians grapple with anti-trans campaigns in the lead-up to the 2024 elections.

:+1::+1::rofl::+1:

22 Likes

Guys, I just had a horrible thought while noticing all the articles in my RSS newsfeed about how a record number of Republicans are voting early despite being told there are supposed issues with the process: what if they’re voting early because they know there will be violence on Election Day and they either want to be freely available all day to join in, or they know they’ll need to hunker down that day and not go out into public?

19 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

13 Likes

I’ve been living in rural Indiana too long.

18 Likes

I worry about that too… where we live is blue, but we’re not far from some Trumpy territory… both in one of the neighboring counties and in the north of my county…

14 Likes

We’re all voting early and making a point of being in Chicago that day, just in case. Too many guns where I am. Although not as many Confederate flags as where I used to be (small mercies).

17 Likes

I’ve been living in rural Indiana too long.

Understandable! I visit or go through rural areas sometimes and yes, the anger and seeming urge for violence (which accompany the tons of Tromp signage and almost complete lack of any stated support for Harris) are palpable. :grimacing:

15 Likes

I share your fears down here in Alabama. Not specifically the early voting part, because we don’t have that here, but definitely the threat of violence on Election Day.

16 Likes

Oh no :sob: I really hope not. So many of the polling places around here at at schools. The primary site is a standalone gym for volleyball. At least there will be firefighters roaming outside the zone.

There is a hyper local issue about defunding the local emergency services district on the ballot. Lots of firefighters holding signs and ready to answer questions but not approaching any voters. Unlike the city council candidate standing right at the edge and trying to introduce herself to us. As if we didn’t know she was funded by the local big developers and aligned with the group that is campaigning against the firefighters and tried to stop the city from building a new water plant. Stupid HOA lady. :rage: There was something so rude about trying to approach people on their way to vote. I gave her a glare. I look intimidating with a neutral expression and the glare got her to STFU.

19 Likes

Standing right at the edge means she knew she was pushing the limits of what is legal.

17 Likes