Elections 2023 and 2024 (Part 2)

That’s fucked up… I hope that this measure doesn’t pass.

12 Likes

Trump set to go on Joe Rogan’s podcast

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/10/22/2024-elections-live-coverage-updates-analysis/trump-joe-rogan-podcast-00184894

On Friday

8 Likes

The time I ran into this they only checked my address when they realized there had been a screw-up

7 Likes

So he’s not using one of those “hack-proof” phones, with none of his favorite apps.

8 Likes
12 Likes

A brutal dictator thinking you’re a jerk isn’t the put down he thinks it is.

16 Likes

Aprox 600k-700k eligible US voters in Canada, but historically only 3% vote. Both parties have get out the vote efforts this time.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/voting/

17 Likes

When I vote in person, without thinking I’ll usually try to hand them my Driver’s License—especially since the pandemic and wearing a mask—in case they don’t understand me saying my name. But they always wave it away, sometimes even seeming to make a point of not looking at it. In MN you don’t have to show ID to vote if your voter registration is current and active.

From the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State:

10 Likes
16 Likes

Even if he were charged for this crime, the case would take months or even years to get resolved (and result in little more than what he would feel as less than a slap on the wrist).

13 Likes

“May” violate federal law? It just screams “how can this not be illegal?”

Imagine if some leftist billionaire was doing the exact same thing? There would be mass outrage and condemnation.

Hopefully some sort of TRO can be granted here.

13 Likes

IANAL but I imagine that they have to be very careful about what they say to avoid prejudicing any future legal proceedings.

6 Likes

19 Likes

Unless I’m missing something, this is at the very least a similar thing- though Cards Against Humanity seems to be leaning into the “can you believe this is actually legal??” angle and encouraging people to change that- after we win, anyway.

7 Likes

ETA

ETA

Oh @GagHalfrunt here is a guaraná for you

15 Likes

:thinking:

(That is, I wonder if news like this about Tromp’s heinousness can get any traction at all anymore. I certainly don’t doubt her claims.)

17 Likes

CNN Townhall with Andersons Cooper…

Do you believe Trump is a fascist?

Yes I do.

11 Likes

Such a wonderfully concise answer. The talking heads certainly can’t accuse her of trying to filibuster or mince words here.

10 Likes

Another name to add to the list.

5 Likes

This stupid border wall question. Anderson Cooper quoted thing she said disparaging Trump’s border wall and then tried a “gotcha” with “you support the border bill that has funding for the border wall, do you still think it’s stupid?” It’s ridiculous on its face because she didn’t write the bill, Congress did. It’s pretty weak sauce.

7 Likes