Elections 2023 and 2024

14 Likes

Especially if.

11 Likes

And yet, lots of republicans seem perfectly willing to shred the constitution… weird.

7 Likes
10 Likes

But

9 Likes

New Polls Give Trump a Bigger Lead Over Biden…

…among proto-cultists who answer phone calls from unknown numbers…

9 Likes
10 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the actual “results” announcement from a pollster about a poll they conducted. Do polls ever include the actual response rates in their results - “We polled 3,000 people, and here are the results from the 900 of them who answered our questions”?

I know that polling ‘X’ number of people will (statistically) give a valid result if the ‘X’ people are chosen with a valid distribution, but I wonder what effect the “hang-up” rate has on the validity of the result. (Maybe none - I freely admit that statistical validity is not my long suit.)

6 Likes

Thank you. That was rage inducing levels of toxic asshole and phenomenal levels of entitled ignorance wrapped up in the language of an abuser.

Fuck that dude. If that is “the left” then “the left” sucks.

11 Likes

Some include that kind of info in the small print. For instance, “poll results based on responses from 876 respondents out of 187,543 calls placed to registered voters between June 10 and June 17, 2024” or the like.

I’m not a pollster, but from a scientific perspective, if you are sampling from a biased set of sources, your results are going to be biased regardless of how you try to correct for it. People are not something that consistently differs a set amount from a mean or median.

6 Likes

Yeah, that guy got it completely backwards. The leftists who said not to vote for Biden because he was old or too conservative turned out to be factually wrong. He’s been both effective and the most progressive President in over 50 years in terms of results. And saying he’s too old now is ageist nonsense. Do any of these chuckleheads ever listen to words or better yet look at deeds?

10 Likes

Stop gaslighting me bro I’m making a false equivalence about gore being shoved down my throat that demonstrates I’ve lived in a caul of ignorance about politics since that time. /s

But really…

Do what I say or I will hurt you MORE AND YOU WILL DESERVE IT.

Fuck this guy.

Fuck what he believes. Men like this are liars every one of them and when push comes to shove they will blame you and run. Just like this fake fool admits by the end of his own screed.

And you had better be a centrist before then.

This is how fascism wins. Because when men like this yap too many people fucking listen.

14 Likes

Pittsburgh You Get It GIF by Mike Hitt

13 Likes

I’d vote for Biden if he was going to die within the first 100 days of his second term. I’d still get that team. And the first woman President to boot.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’d just like to point out this is literally in that article:

But here we are anyways. Not because of the right. Not because of the far right fascists about to take over the country. They are not at fault here. You are.

The fascists are never to blame to these people, no matter how dedicated they are to ruin and hurt and death. It’s somehow always all on their intended victims, who are expected to be better than perfect and deserve the worst otherwise. It’s disgusting, and the only place it belongs here is in one of the galleries of assholes.

13 Likes

Yep. First sign of a threat and they toady up to the bully hoping for scraps. Pathetic.

9 Likes

There’s a type of leftist - or “leftist”, as it may be - who would rather let Trump win than admit anything good about Biden and the Democrats.

Because, if they admitted that mainstream Dems can actually achieve significant positive change, working through the system, it would undermine their fantasy of a perfect people’s revolution that will fix everything.

Even more importantly for them, it might actually force them to admit having been wrong about something.

6 Likes

To be fair, though, that’s a problem that is not unique to this group.

(It even appears in pop culture…)

3 Likes
11 Likes