Elections 2023 and 2024

2 Likes

https://archive.ph/Kn1tv

1 Like
5 Likes

I wonder about this part:

(the census defines non-religious as the percentage of a county’s population that does not show up on the rolls of any religious organization in that county)

There are lots of churches that lost members or shut down because of the pandemic, too. If they don’t include people who aren’t members or who attend virtual services, that could lead to under-counting. I have a lot of family members that do this in states far from where they live, instead of attending locally in person.

5 Likes

I don’t know about anywhere else but the goal in Texas is very much to break the union and cancel teacher retirement which is actually pretty decent.

A long time ago Texas prided itself on education. Now Texans are tearing apart what their ancestors built and painting the walls in their own children’s blood.

11 Likes

Meanwhile, if it’s anything like PA, the police pension is always in the budget and very well-funded. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes
2 Likes

8 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

The contentious races here in Oregon are school board elections this year. Four fascists were running for the local school board on a platform of book banning and transphobic bathroom restrictions. They are being trounced by the progressive candidates here, as well as many suburban Portland districts. :+1:

4 Likes

“DUP leader Jeffrey Donaldson has said that, while he is pleased to see the DUP holding their vote, unionism now needs to address “splitting” its vote.

“When the unionist vote is split and splintered, it does mean unionists losing seats,” he told UTV news last night.

Ian Paisley Jr, speaking to the Belfast Telegraph yesterday in Ballymena said that unionism needs to stop “self-harming” by splitting its vote. ”

You want to stop splitting the unionist vote DUP? Well you are the one that needs to move. You’ve had great electoral success with relentless bigotry, intolerance, and intransigence, misogyny, homophobia, and racism. You’ve maxed out. The bigot vote is yours. You want more you need to allow ordinary decent people be able to vote for you.

To be fair a lot of people do while holding their noses to vote tactically but I don’t think there are more who could debase themselves that far.

5 Likes
4 Likes

There is Russian stink wafting up from Florida again.

8 Likes
4 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

10 Likes
3 Likes

Oh, and just for context, the author:

3 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

10 Likes