Elections 2023 and 2024

Sure, but none of that is going to happen as long as the GOP controls the state legislature and the governorship. We need some old fashioned get out the vote campaigns going on like what Georgia did first. And the state government needs to get flipped blue as well. That’s going to be harder, because gerrymandering. But it can happen. Then those measures can be taken, which will make it harder for the GOP to flip it back to red.

15 Likes

Automatic voter registration and universal vote-by-mail are feasible as federal law. Not for this general election, but certainly by 2026.

19 Likes
14 Likes

Roy Wood, Jr. cracks me up

18 Likes

The phrase that keeps popping up in my head when they talk about parents having extra votes based on the children in their home (who themselves have no civil rights): 3/5.

17 Likes

24 Likes

honest question. once harris has become president, is the proper address as commander in chief “sir” or “ma’am”?

( context: i saw a couple of great yard signs today that said only “madam president”. later, the military aspect of the role popped into my head, and i don’t know what the military actually does these days. )

11 Likes

If you are to go by the book, the correct address is Ma’am.

For addressing a group of male officers the address is gentlemen, and for a group of female officers the address is Ladies . A mixed group is addressed as Ladies and Gentlemen. For addressing a single male officer with a single female officer the address is gentlemen, which is pretty weird, so I would just use whatever the greeting of the day was.

16 Likes

11 Likes

Isn’t she famously a member of a African American Sorority? Good luck with that strategy Magats.

13 Likes

Indeed. She’s a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, the first Black Greek letter sorority. The Divine Nine, which is all of the Black Greek letter organizations, are highly likely to campaign for her, hard.

She addressed his BS at my sorority Sigma Gamma Rho’s boule in Houston, yesterday:

22 Likes

FYI, Ms. Beau (Belle?) did a video on the Roads channel answering some questions…

I’m enjoying her, and think that she’s gonna kill it. She still seems to be finding her own voice, but it’s starting to come through, me thinks.

18 Likes

Won’t lie, I was shook when he bowed out, sounds like to take care of his own mental health. She added a little clarity, but for very good reasons is protecting his privacy. Beau has been my main source for interpretation of political news for the last 4-5 years, and if she (and the rest of his team) can keep up their current level I will be very happy. Dropping from 4-5 vids per day seems like a very, very good idea. The fact that he did that for 5+ years is a very good reason for his current state. I hope he gets the rest and reset he needs, and that his team can keep up his legacy. So far, I am encouraged.

19 Likes

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I’d think they were doing this to mirror the recent switch in the election… :thinking: But I think he’s genuinely burnt out… he has been doing it for years… I mean, 5 years is like a century in today’s years!

20 Likes

It’s honestly amazing that he managed to turn out so freaking much high-quality videos, for so long, without burning himself out long ago.

13 Likes

Ms. Beau said they put this together in only 8 hours from when he said he was done. But you are absolutely correct, he gave 100% for a long (probably too long) time, and fully deserves all the rest he needs.

15 Likes

Boebert is saying the prisoner exchange is bad but Vance is crediting trump.

They’re never on the same page.

“Look, I think it’s great news, at least what little we know,” Vance said. “We certainly want these Americans to come back home. It was ridiculous that they were in prison to begin with.”

“But we have to ask ourselves, why are they coming home?” added Vance while cynically pivoting to partisan politics. “And I think it’s because bad guys all over the world recognize Donald Trump’s about to be back in office, so they’re cleaning house. That’s a good thing. And I think it’s a testament to Donald Trump’s strength.”

14 Likes

mainstream media outlets, according to people with knowledge of his upcoming schedule. The Trump campaign also hopes to capitalize on the generational contrast Vance brings to the race – he turns 40 on Friday – by having him appear on longer-form podcasts and digital shows that target younger audiences.

:rofl:

15 Likes

Watching the Olympics on NBC this afternoon, he’s spending a lot of money telling me how bad Kamala is.

But not a single commercial telling me his policies.

In other words they’re going with the best thing about him is how bad Kamala is.

12 Likes

Don’t worry, they’ll run out of money pretty soon or come to realize (in about another week) that they’re pissing money into the wind blasting those stupid ads in Detroit. Plus, I suspect they believe, somehow, that Harris is on next week’s primary ballot. Yeah, no, she’s not, I returned my ballot last week. Elissa Slotkin, yes, Harris, nope.

9 Likes