Elections 2023 and 2024

He taught some of them to…speak English!!

Cant Reaction GIF

21 Likes

Ok, I watched it.
Twice.
It’s… weird. Legit weird.
That former drug dealer turned pastor, fast-talking, chuckling: kinda unhinged. I tried to see his point, and he may even have several, but I am having a hard time understanding to his full-throated allegiance to the regurgitated MAGA talking points.

The cult of personality in full force.
That last bit with the motorcade, which I will not spoil: telling.

9 Likes

Hell Yeah Damages GIF

The Office Yes GIF

10 Likes

As it turns out, Kennedy may have been touching the bear’s brain matter.

Business Insider has obtained the state report detailing the necropsy the Department of Environmental Conservation performed on the bear cub.

The document reveals Kennedy had good instincts when it came to evaluating the bear’s flesh. The animal “is in good flesh with good fat reserves for its age and season,” Kevin Hynes, the wildlife biologist who performed the necropsy, wrote in his report for the department’s Wildlife Health Unit.

“The carcass is relatively fresh and the tissues are in good postmortem condition,” Hynes wrote in the report.

According to the report, the 7- or 8-month-old female bear was smashed in the head — which is consistent with Kennedy’s story that it was hit by a van.

The cranium was “destroyed,” Hynes wrote, and the brain tissue left there was “scrambled, liquefied, and hemorrhagic.” Much of the bear’s brain tissue leaked and exited through its mouth and nostrils, according to the report.

“The brain structures are unrecognizable (unsuitable for rabies testing),” the report says.

14 Likes

So perhaps he has brain worms as well as some othe zoonotic prion condition?

13 Likes

Since this is going to keep coming up:

18 Likes

Yes. And.

“We live in interesting times.”
–some wiseguy somewhere

11 Likes

Even more bad news for Captain Brainworms

14 Likes

For people otherwise ignorant of history, they recreate the Know Nothing platform perfectly!

9 Likes

Funny / ridiculous moment in Missouri’s senate race:

State Fair, smack talking, “Why are you so weird, bro?”, the Governor’s Ham Breakfast, Hawley acting tough… Classic MO

10 Likes

In the hours after Kunce won the nomination, Hawley called for a “Lincoln-Douglas style” debate at the fairgrounds.

Well that’s appropriate, given that Stephen Douglas was a staunch white supremacist. That’s basically a position Hawley would take, even though he’d probably, and cynically, claim the legacy of Lincoln.

15 Likes

The State Fair had also made it clear they were not interested in hosting a debate. Hawley had been catching flak for not accepting a debate with Kunce, so this was just a laughably transparent attempt to say “I’m not a coward! You’re the coward!” by challenging Kunce to a debate he knew Kunce couldn’t accept. It’s fucking juvenile.

15 Likes

This came in the mail today, our version of Marge.

This what they’re running on, never a mention of what she will do for the people of the state she’s supposed to be representing.

16 Likes

I like using the tacks and string not to uncover connections, but just to indicate chronology. I might have to steal that even. It’s such a great way to turn an ordinary calendar into something that makes it seem like you’ve lost your mind.

20 Likes

It also seems totes clueless in its echo of this much-memed image, which has been used so many times to satirize Repugnican conspiracy nuts:

13 Likes

I notice they’re not watching polls where they are likely to win.

Wierd, places they win are legit, places they lose not legit.

14 Likes

Dragons Den Television GIF by CBC

15 Likes

Conspiracy Yarn__01

17 Likes
10 Likes

Apparently his thoughts were inspired by watching Gangs of New York.

10 Likes