Elections 2023 and 2024

but but Lindsey Olin Graham has just assured us: “Joy doesn’t exist in the real world”

# Joyless Lindsey Graham: Democrats’ Joy ‘Doesn’t Exist in Real World’

meanwhile in the really real world:

(cartoon credit happily given to: Pedro Molina)

13 Likes

They’ll never be able to match what Trump did in Arizona yesterday

Well, she’s not wrong.

15 Likes

Breaking Bad Gus GIF by Stan.

12 Likes
9 Likes

My fellow worms and Americans,
It is I, your friend, the worm who ate part of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s brain, then died. It is with a heavy scolex (that’s the knob-like attachment sometimes mistaken for my head) that I report that, after much prayerful consideration, we are leaving the race. My host, as is customary when faced with important decisions, released several falcons and studied their flight, then read the entrails from his roadkill fridge for confirmation; I made a small hecatomb to Worm God and reached the same conclusions.

Ultimately, this came down to values. I say now what I have said this whole campaign: I am a parasite and I do not have the country’s best interests at heart. So it is clear to me now that I have no choice but to drop out of the race and support Donald Trump.

More from Alexandra Petri https://wapo.st/3Z05C2h

12 Likes

The dozen Harris statements lacking in context are far less in comparison to 162 misstatements, exaggerations and outright lies that NPR found from Trump’s hour-long news conference Aug. 8.

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1. “His explicit intent to jail journalists, political opponents, and anyone he sees as the enemy.”

Trump has promised retribution against his political enemies, has called reporters “the enemy of the people,” and has made vague threats of jail time for reporters.

“They’ll never find out, & it’s important that they do,” Trump wrote in a post on his social media platform after the leak of a draft of the Dobbs decision was published. “So, go to the reporter & ask him/her who it was. If not given the answer, put whoever in jail until the answer is given. You might add the editor and publisher to the list.”

He’s made other such comments, but there’s no explicit and specific policy from Trump on this because, as with many things involving Trump, he has been vague about his specific intentions.

giphy

18 Likes

But several reliable, well-informed sources confirmed the idea that Hitler’s anti-Semitism was not so genuine or violent as it sounded, and that he was merely using anti-Semitic propaganda as a bait to catch masses of followers and keep them aroused, enthusiastic, and in line for the time when his organization is perfected and sufficiently powerful to be employed effectively for political purposes.

New York Times, 21 November 1922

21 Likes

At least the NYT claimed to have sources. NPR is just saying, “Yeah, he keeps saying he’s going to do it and describing how, but the campaign hasn’t released a policy proposal yet, so :person_shrugging:.”

How is a statement saying “Trump will do X” misleading when he keeps saying, “I will do X!”? :rage::sob:

15 Likes

FYI…

22 Likes

Followed by a quotation of Trump making a very specific threat to imprison journalists who refuse to reveal their sources.

16 Likes

IMG_5824

22 Likes

And please, however, vote for Raphael Cruz (so he doesn’t feel the need to move back to :canada:).

10 Likes

Stunning new Randy Rainbow aimed at jdvance just dropped. “Sadie Sadie” (Funny Girl) rhymes nicely with “j d”. (‘Ground News’ ad - hey gotta pay them bills - ends at 2min10sec)

10 Likes

Please, please, please, can some journalist ask JD Vance how he feels about being replaced with RFK jr. :popcorn:

13 Likes
11 Likes

Oh, I have a feeling he’d be unable to. He’s so attached to his AR-15 that it would keep pulling him back as he tried to cross the border…

7 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks for posting this. There has been a lot of confusion about that. I know a lot of people who are under the impression that he’s nonverbal autistic, and that’s not his condition at all.

16 Likes

Yes, I was confused about that too. Apparently non-verbal in this case means that the disability isn’t verbal, not that he’s “non-verbal” as in doesn’t talk…

14 Likes

It isn’t in the DSM yet, either, so apparently they’re still hashing out the diagnostic criteria and everything. I would suggest a name change, because having the term nonverbal in there seems to make it prone to being misunderstood, maybe even by doctors.

16 Likes