Elections 2023 and 2024

Usha makes real sense why they want to keep her out of pictures.

For some reason she married a prominent white supremacist (perhaps she is one herself as well). She’s bright enough to graduate from Yale with a law degree which means that she has to know that she harms his image with their base just by being there…

When I imagine that kind of life their wealth and prestige don’t seem worth it…

better off dead than led by fools of that ilk.

12 Likes

On Sept. 26, said O’Donnell.

That’s the deadline that U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, on Thursday, set for special counsel Jack Smith to file “his full evidentiary argument, in writing, about why Donald Trump can be charged with federal crimes” in his federal election interference case “even though the Supreme Court created a new presidential immunity from criminal charges for some of what Donald Trump did to overthrow the election results,” said O’Donnell.

Trump “will be the first presidential candidate in history to have a federal prosecutor outline in detail, in writing, including, possibly, secret material from a grand jury describing Donald Trump’s federal crimes that the prosecutor says Donald Trump committed to overthrow the will of the American people in the last presidential election,” he explained.

18 Likes

Worst in what sense, I wonder. The corporate media will downplay it (while construing it as somehow a problem instead for Harris), and Tromp’s malfeasance is so normalized by now that even most voters who do hear about it will likely shrug it off.

13 Likes

Bring it on

I Like It Yes GIF by UFC

10 Likes
13 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes

And time. The Jan 6ers tended to be self-employed - contractors, real estate agents - who could disappear for a week without getting fired.

18 Likes
12 Likes

DailyKos source

BREAKING: Dick Cheney is voting for Kamala Harris!

Friday, September 06, 2024 at 11:43:29a PDT

The former VP, seen here telling a 7 year old Trick or Treater to get off his lawn.

Not much of a diary, other than moments ago on MSNBC, Liz Cheney was asked on stage who her father was voting for, and she said “Dick Cheney will be voting for Kamala Harris.”

UPDATE: Collin Allred, running to defeat Ted Cruz, will not only be getting her endorsement/vote, but she will be campaigning for him as well.

She is at a conference in Austin, TX

Since Dick Cheney was VP, doesn’t this make him the highest ranking Republican to defect from their own party to vote for the Democrat? What is with George W Bush? We know he doesn’t support Trump. Dude can’t put down his paint brush long enough to SAY SOMETHING? LOL

(and no one associated with this revelation was shot in the face by “accident”)

11 Likes

This is one of those “uh, thanks I guess…” kind of endorsements.

Even when GWB was in office no one really liked Dick Cheney, even his Republican allies largely saw him as a necessary evil rather than a man of principle or champion of conservative values.

12 Likes

I keep forgetting that he’s not dead yet, but I guess that baboon heart that he received keeps on ticking, somehow…

12 Likes

Voting against “Theodore” Cruz is pretty sweet.

9 Likes

So you’re say’n… ([large fatuous wink emoji]) that we have to be careful that so many institutional republicans are signing on to the sane choice that we should fear that the Democrats will slide too far to the center-right due to the mass action? (disclaimer: i don’t for a second believe this m’self, but been aware of growing twitchiness in that regard from my Bernie Sanders fan friends)

8 Likes
7 Likes

Theodore “Tedious Toejam Ted” Cruz

4 Likes

One of the enraging things I hear from Trump apologists (and RFK Jr. apologists, who are now effectively the same thing) is that Harris/Biden/Obama are responsible for supporting America’s “forever wars” whereas Trump is the candidate of peace because he didn’t start any wars when he was President. So those so inclined are probably going to take Cheney’s endorsement as a signal that Harris is just the latest in a string of establishment warmongers.

Of course this ignores the fact that Obama, Biden and Harris also never started any wars, and in fact Obama and Biden were the ones who finally ended the protracted US military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan even though ending the latter was one of Trump’s 2016 campaign promises.

10 Likes

You know what? I hate these stories. Not because I think any of the consequences are bad, but because these people do not deserve to be in the news. Unless it’s “finally get arrested”, who the hell cares about anything Dick Cheney does? But somehow only the people who dared criticize his wars have become forgotten and the sociopathic idiots responsible for them are all still political celebrities to pay attention to. It’s so unbelievably stupid. I’m not sure there’s a man alive whose opinions I care less about than Dick “unprosecuted war criminal” Cheney.

16 Likes

Wow. When you go outside today, please watch out for stuff falling from the sky, because I think the pigs are flying…

3 Likes