Elections 2023 and 2024

Michael Harriot reports on the candidates for a congressional seat in Alabama:

15 Likes

His statement is complete word-salad.

6 Likes

By Trump’s standards, it’s clear and comprehensible.

3 Likes

This Gaudy Bus at my Early Voting Center Blocking Parking

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1fpgtsz/this_gaudy_bus_at_my_early_voting_center_blocking/

13 Likes

We can probably expect a lot more of this. Note that the mayor moved the ballot box after the city attorney told him he had no legal authority to do so.

16 Likes

One thing that did come as a response to that legal action was Representative Clay Higgins posting a tweet that was so vile and explicitly racist that even some of his own Republican colleagues condemned it:
https://www.axios.com/2024/09/25/clay-higgins-haitians-censure-tweet-house-democrats

It takes a lot these days for a Republican politician’s statements to be seen as “shocking” but damned if they aren’t still trying their hardest.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

And yet that’s not stopping him from doubling down on it.

Also I’m not sure how much effect the condemnations will have when the top Republican in the House stands with Higgins.

16 Likes

filing charges against our President and VP

So those dirty Haitian immigrants filed charges against Biden and Harris? I must have missed that! This asshat needs to go, promptly.

16 Likes

24 Likes

The tweet is a slightly more verbose and sophisticated way of saying “those Haitians are uppity n*****s”.

Higgins received backlash on Wednesday after he wrote, “Lol. These Haitians are wild. Eating pets, vudu [sic], nastiest country in the western hemisphere, cults, slapstick gangsters… but damned if they don’t feel all sophisticated now, filing charges against our President and VP. All these thugs better get their mind right and their ass out of our country before January 20th.”

9 Likes

Return to tradition! An elderly person saying a storm is coming because they feel it in their bones. /s

13 Likes

What does the Farmer’s Almanac say? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Just don’t ask a pollster: they’ll tell you they were great if they guessed right, and explain how you didn’t understand quite how the caveats worked if they didn’t.

https://pluralistic.net/2024/09/26/dewey-beats-truman/

Remember: there’s only one poll that actually counts. It’s the one where they count your votes and declare winners. Get the job done and good luck!

ETA
No Onebox for Cory’s site.

13 Likes

bit of a friend-of-a-friend story, but… Statistics prof acquaintance had a post-doc who was part of a (fairly well-known) polling agency, who stated: “They like to make lots of early notably differing surveys so they can later point to the one which was proven ‘correct’; they call it the Jeane Dixon strategy.”

13 Likes

FYI for folks in Ohio…

https://www.axios.com/local/columbus/2024/06/14/ohio-2024-presidential-election-voting-purge

If you or someone you know is a voter in Ohio, pass along this information so you or they can check your registration.

from

15 Likes

(might have to start a separate “Elections 2024 Dirty Tricks Edition”) So if you receive a text offering you a chance to sign up to vote by mail, be very suspicious. (in the comments section we learn of other states beside Florida where this is occurring)

Shenanigans are afoot

Thursday, September 26, 2024 at 9:09:36a PDT
So I just got the above text message and I think this is a ne’erdowell committing election fraud.

Why? While I was born in Florida and first registered to vote, the last time I voted in the state was the ‘00 election. The state has never contacted me in the intervening quarter century about anything election related (and you’re really telling me DeSantis is concerned about me voting, a registered Democrat? If so I have some choice Florida property to sell you, real cheap!), and most concerning the sender is in Rhode Island.

15 Likes

mum and i both got this message today!
we ignored it, because we plant to vote in person, on election day (our small community will have short lines, if any). but, damn! fraudsters abound here, no doubt about that.

15 Likes

He’s hawking watches today. Fun fact, the watch selling for 100 grand is not water proof or even water resistant.

And nope, no money goes to the campaign, he just sold his name again.

No. GetTrumpWatches is not political and has nothing to do with any political campaign. Trump Watches are not designed, manufactured, distributed or sold by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their respective affiliates or principals. TheBestWatchesonEarth LLC uses the “Trump” name, image and likeness under a license agreement which may be terminated or revoked according to its terms. Trump Watches are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment purposes.

WILL I BE GETTING THE EXACT WATCH THAT I SEE ON THE SITE?

The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.

WHY ARE THESE WATCHES SPECIAL?

Our Donald J. Trump watches stand as symbols of the Trump legacy, merging superior craftsmanship with a bold, unmistakable design. These timepieces are crafted to be more than just accessories; they are collectibles that embody the spirit of leadership, success, and resilience. Featuring premium, Swiss-Made materials and intricate details, each watch is a testament to the 45th President’s unwavering drive for excellence. Owning one of these watches means owning a piece of history that reflects victory and strength.

I wonder how long before they go out of business before shipping any watches.

WHAT IS FOR SALE?

We are providing the ability to Pre-Order Trump Watches. Each watch is made specifically to order.

And of course…

There are no refunds. All sales are final.

10 Likes

As usual, Trump doesn’t understand the law. He has to be charged with something so he can be jailed. The gun charges are obvious and easily provable federal crimes (as he did indeed have a gun when he wasn’t supposed to, and that gun had a destroyed serial number).

It doesn’t mean there won’t be more charges in the future, but it will take more time and effort to build a federal case for those. Attempted assassination of a president charges have a high bar, further complicated by no shot shots being taken, and Trump never being close enough to be in any danger. This makes intent harder to prove.

Ironically, the feds charging with attempted assassination would also make it harder for Florida to bring about state charges as the federal charges would supersede any state prosecution.

tl;dr: the system is working as intended, and this guy will likely never see the light of day again. As usual, Trump needs to just STFU.

12 Likes

Shot:

Chaser:

8 Likes