Elections 2023 and 2024

ETA: A more concise headline would be “Trump lies about immigration”, but I suppose that would be considered too blunt and disrespectful because American journalists still think that a candidate for President, no matter how terrible, always deserves a certain degree of deference.

14 Likes

18 Likes

Apparently a continuation of his deranged ghastly notion that he would be a dictator for one day only.

[link]
Instead of a straightforward denial, Trump said he would be a dictator only on “Day 1” of his tenure.

(perhaps steve bannon’s distorted reading from The Prince ?
“Therefore any cruelty has to be executed at once, so that the less it is tasted, the less it offends; while benefits must be dispensed little by little, so that they will be savored all the more.” ―Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince)

12 Likes

This certainly wasn’t him [ETA: who actually posted that], but I believe this is apt in any case.

This episode, in particular, pisses me off (not that the rest don’t).

4 Likes

So, he saw The Purge and thougjt, “yeah, that would be great!” :man_facepalming:

14 Likes

20 Likes

Half way done! 100 post cards finished, due to be mailed near the end of October. Just ordered all the post card stamps I’ll need. Been following the prompts and will mail on the date the Postcards to Swing States say will be most effective.
I will be swinging by the post office to use one of the mail drops there the night before these cards need to be mailed.

20 Likes

Yay! Same here–working on a batch for NC :blue_heart:

14 Likes

30 Likes

ETA: is it just that our attention span now accepted continuously distracted behavior? is it somehow normal now? aye carumba…

2 Likes

I knew I like Dave Bautista for a good reason.

Contrast him with Zachary Levi, who is apparently a dumbass.

17 Likes

Huh. And I thought Zachary Levi was only pretending to be an idiot for his movies.

20 Likes

5oIT

12 Likes

I wish I could say that the Liberal Democratic Party (which is none those things) is facing an electoral reckoning after the recent string of scandals, but the opposition parties are still a shitshow, and some of them are even worse. Business as usual, but I’ll be voting for the Constitutional Democratic Party, which has the best chance of picking up seats to put checks on the ruling LDP.

7 Likes

Marge is doing her best to make things worse.

8 Likes

Harris picks up New York Times endorsement

Rather than praise for its preferred candidate, the board led its endorsement of Harris by listing off disqualifying arguments against Trump. “It is hard to imagine a candidate more unworthy to serve as president of the United States,” the Times editorial board wrote.

“This unequivocal, dispiriting truth — Donald Trump is not fit to be president — should be enough for any voter who cares about the health of our country and the stability of our democracy to deny him re-election,” the board, made up of 14 opinion journalists, wrote. “For this reason, regardless of any political disagreements voters might have with her, Kamala Harris is the only patriotic choice for president.”

The endorsement of Harris is unsurprising — the editorial board has not backed a Republican for president since Dwight Eisenhower in 1956 — though still important given the paper’s influence. In July, 10 days before President Joe Biden left the race (and after the board called on him to do so), the board published a five-part, scathing editorial against Trump that struck many of the same chords as Monday’s story.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/30/new-york-times-kamala-harris-endorsement-00181639

12 Likes
15 Likes

Do these right-wing influencers/trølls actually get paid to concoct this $@#! or do they just get warm and fuzzy feelings for being the first to add to the society destructive deranged hatred?

New right-wing conspiracy claims Democrats are behind Hurricane Helene

Monday, September 30, 2024 at 7:00:14a PDT

Brace yourself, because if you thought Donald Trump’s racist “cats and dogs” lies were bad enough, it won’t be long before this bit of QAnon and Q-adjacent insanity ends up in one of his rambling, incoherent campaign screeds.

I’m talking about Democrats controlling the weather.

Conservative influencer Matt Wallace, with his 2.1 million X followers, lays out the case here.

Don’t worry guys, weather modification isn’t real! It’s just a coincidence that Hurricane Helene is one of the most devastating “inland damage storms” in history and that hundreds of pro-Trump counties are being massively impacted during the most important election of our lifetimes.

Obviously the elites would never be evil enough to create hurricanes designed to interfere with “democracy”… Pay no attention to the storms currently brewing in the Atlantic either! You can ask any mainstream scientist and they will tell you that it isn’t even possible to create those or target them at certain areas.

Just stay silent. No need to vote or expose anything. You wouldn’t want to be called a conspiracy theorist right? Couldn’t have that. So please ignore your own eyes and don’t share this post or investigate further.

well it can’t be climate change - they’ve already set that vile table.
and yet no Jewish space lasers have been implicated? perhaps just not yet. -sigh-

12 Likes
15 Likes

This approach: “You’re actually electing vance president, y’know”, might just shift a vote or two (or at least replace a trump vote with another beer), because i think vance is not nearly as dazzling to the cult members …maybe

10 Likes