Elections 2023 and 2024

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s much chance of a Dem taking his place.

3 Likes

Not likely…

https://bestneighborhood.org/conservative-vs-liberal-map-utah/

5 Likes

Weirder things have happened, but yeah, you are probably correct.

7 Likes

I wonder if he’ll try and turn it over to one of his Mittlettes. Probably Tag Romney.

“He was the subject of speculation in February 2013 that he would run for the United States Senate from Massachusetts in the 2014 election. He declined to do so, saying that “the timing is not right for me.”

6 Likes

I love Utah and have experienced many weird things there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a political ally of the progressives by any stretch, but one of the last members of the opposition who was capable of reason. Plus he was the first U.S. Senator in history to vote in favor of convicting an impeached President of his own party and remains the only one in history to do so twice.

I fear conditions in the legislature won’t improve with his departure unless an extremely unlikely candidate takes his place.

7 Likes

There’s always a chance someone could Doug Jones into it.

5 Likes

Stand aside y’all!

episode 1 accidents will happen GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

2 Likes
1 Like

From the LGBT Victory Fund

10 Likes

Robert Reich offers us a lot of commonsense, well-tested advice here:

9 Likes

He takes a lot of shit on LinkedIn, including some borderline stalkers, but man it’s nice to see his posts.

It’s hilarious to see RWNJs complain about him posting about politics on LI…and then reminding them he’s a professor of political science - it’s his job.

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

4 Likes

Biden should go there before Trump and visit the picket line.

5 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

Wow. Fuck you.

And how can you be a Senator and not know basic labor law?

11 Likes

Statisticians did a big meta-study years ago to see if they could identify a measurable increase in deadly air traffic accidents coinciding with Reagan’s decision to give so many experienced flight controllers the boot at the same time. I can’t find the study at the moment but I remember the conclusion was that there was a significant body count involved. Not to mention the devastating impact on the labor movement.

11 Likes
10 Likes

He’s a republican. They thrive on malicious and willful ignorance.

4 Likes