Elections 2023 and 2024

5 Likes

i like that headline. he always poses a danger to the world, but that danger is going to be the most in 2024. sounds about right

maybe once we kick him to the curb, again, we’ll never have to hear about him anymore ( except for announcements about the length of his prison terms. ) that sure would be nice

6 Likes

Update:

(free link)

8 Likes

:thinking:

10 Likes

That would be a shock, but WV is weird.

9 Likes

People who fear and are feared, people who feel they have nothing to hope for, people who mistake the false unity of hating the same things as true solidarity, people who have been lied to for such a long time that they now feel forced to regard everything they hear and see in “the news” as more lies… perhaps such people are ready for a change.

Let there be light.

5 Likes

Well See Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

8 Likes

https://commondefense.us/zach-bio

:clap:

6 Likes

argentinas trump won;

FUCK!

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

9 Likes

I missed this story, but Tammy Murphy, a former Republican and current wife of New Jersey Democratic Governor Phil Murphy, announced she’s running for Bob Menendez’s Senate seat. I do not know enough about her to have an opinion, but Governor Murphy is a pretty centrist Democrat and super rich. And since she used to be a Republican, I would bet money she’s not a progressive.

ETA: Andy Kim is also running for that seat. He used to be my Representative before I moved to a different township. Kim would be my choice. After January 6, Kim stayed late at the Capitol and helped clean up trash in the rotunda. He seems to be a good guy.

9 Likes

House Democrat apologizes after saying Trump ‘has to be eliminated’

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4321089-trump-goldman-apology-eliminated-democracy-2024/

Well, it’s not like we all weren’t thinking the same thing.

1 Like

[Sahan Journal has no paywall]

… St. Paul made history last week by electing an all-female council that’s also mostly people of color.

The new St. Paul City Council, which will be sworn in next January, is also believed to be the first all-female city council in a U.S. city of St. Paul’s size or larger. …

In a joint statement released last Friday, the newly elected council shared its “vision” for St. Paul for the next four years. Some of the priorities include reinforcing rent stabilization, investing in community safety programs, and expanding workers’ rights and protections.

This year’s election also gives St. Paul its youngest council ever. The new council averages an age of 34, and ranges from 28 to 39. Jost [Saura Jost, newly elected] said she also takes pride in seeing other adoptees like herself—3 total—elected to the council.

3 Likes

DeSantis Promises to Change Fifty Stars Section of American Flag to Punisher Logo if Elected

i don’t think MoRon has thought that one through…
i mean Punisher (and, i assume the logo) are Disney properties now!
gee, ya think the House of Mouse is going to be nice and just let him have it to make his symbol of hate? :thinking:

4 Likes

Hard times = :onion:

6 Likes

man! i went to see if it was The Onion, but decided it was not, so… legit, right?
i fell for it!
womp-womp
thanks for setting me straight

11 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/22/opinions/trump-second-term-presidential-power-zelizer/index.html

2 Likes

Even Charles Koch has had enough of Trump’s bullshit. Good luck reigning in that monster you helped create, you fascist fuckwads.

7 Likes

Please find some sun somewhere and let it hit your skin for 15+ minutes, take a walk where there’s some green living things, breathe outside.

This ain’t over yet.

And it’s gonna take every one of us who gives a damn to fight the negativity and bs being thrown at us.

ETA: typo

10 Likes