Elections 2023 and 2024

4 Likes

“There are now two leading candidates for the American presidency.

One of them is a 77 year-old racist, misogynistbigot who has been found liable for rape, who incited a deadly, violent insurrection aimed at overturning a democratic election, who has committed mass fraud for personal enrichment, who is facing 91 separate counts of felony criminal charges against him, and who has overtly discussed his authoritarian strategiesfor governing if he returns to power.

The other is 80 years old with mainstream Democratic party views who sometimes misspeaks or trips. (There may be other reasons to criticize Joe Biden, but the main one discussed in the press is his age).

One of those two candidates faces relentless newspaper columns and TV pundit “takes” arguing that he should drop out of the race. (Spoiler alert: it’s somehow not the racist authoritarian sexual abuse fraudster facing 91 felony charges).“

6 Likes

I didn’t have “Trump pretending to care about the Black Lives Matter movement” on my bingo card for today.

1 Like

He probably got confused by the claims that BLM were the ones who tried storming the capitol on his behalf.

5 Likes

I hear that he was at Stonewall too.

5 Likes
6 Likes

A bit more on this…

and it was covered twice this week (after each map was released) on Politically GA…

10 Likes

So that Newsom-DeSantis debate just happened. I didn’t watch because I don’t want to provide Fox with my ad revenue clicks, but apparently there was at least one good line:

5 Likes

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

9 Likes

To be fair, the DeSantis barb about Newsom’s in-laws recently moving from California to Florida was a bit of a burn too. Newsom does seem to have a repeating issue with relatives-by-marriage turning out to be supporters of right-wing candidates.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Newsoms-in-laws-gave-money-to-Ron-DeSantis-17413294.php

Hopefully his current wife doesn’t eventually turn out to be another Kimberly Guilfoyle. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

“ “The proposed Treasury rules on Foreign Entities of Concern are another example of the Biden administration clearly breaking the law to try to implement a bill that it could not pass,” Manchin said in a statement. ”

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

8 Likes

Go dig coal with your tongue, Joe.

7 Likes

Stick it up your coal hole Joe!

3 Likes
1 Like

two out of two ceos agree, backing down is an excellent idea after all…

5 Likes
6 Likes

:rage:

2 Likes

It’s certainly understandable that many Muslim Americans don’t feel like Biden is doing enough to secure peace and safety for Palestinians, and by all means they should push him to support better policies, but this strategy to actually push for his defeat in the upcoming election seems questionable. If they are upset with Biden’s conduct then what do they think the other guy is going to do if he gets back into office?

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/02/muslim-americans-swing-states-anti-biden-campaign

2 Likes

https://www.salon.com/2023/12/04/part-mussolini-part-berlusconi-part-putin-historian-on-planned-legal-revolution/

4 Likes