Elections 2023 and 2024

Also, from the article:

Minnesota Rep. Dean Phillips is the last nationally known Democrat still running against Biden

Is he, though? Nationally known, I mean.

6 Likes

At least we can all go back to not paying attention to Marianne Williamsonā€¦

4 Likes

I will say, as a pacifist, I quite like the idea of a Department of Peace. Unfortunately, Iā€™m realistic enough to know such a department would never actually be that.

6 Likes

I agreeā€¦ I guess in theory, you could argue that that is what the State Department is meant to do (even if thatā€™s not explicit), but stillā€¦ if we had a department of peace it would still be an arm of the empireā€¦

8 Likes

Yup; the government branch in charge of waging war in Orwellā€™s Nineteen Eighty-Four was literally named ā€œThe Ministry of Peace.ā€ So I have to wonder about either the motives or the literary background of anyone who would make such a proposal in earnest. Williamson is an author so itā€™s hard to imagine itā€™s just ignorance.

6 Likes

Of metaphysical woowoo self help books, not literature. Like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz before her, sheā€™s another product of Oprah Winfreyā€™s. Oh well, at least Rachel Ray doesnā€™t seem to be completely terrible, so Oprahā€™s not batting 0.000.

7 Likes

Who Is This Owl GIF

4 Likes

Going for the macho vote?

1 Like

Professional courtesy on the snakeā€™s part.

5 Likes

Venomous, cold-blooded reptiles gotta stick together, but do they know heā€™s cheating on them with the bloodsucking leeches?

5 Likes

Got to love going for the lowest of the lowest of the lowest vote pool.

They are scraping the bottom of the humanity barrel for votes.

Why isnā€™t the upper barrel winning I ask?

2 Likes

because the ā€œscraping the bottom of the barrelā€ means the barrel has been effectively drained, Āæque no?

6 Likes

dont-grab-me

6 Likes

why do that schitts creek GIF by CBC

4 Likes

Wanna bet itā€™s funded by some Koch-like assholes who are hoping it draws dissatisfied progrssive voters with the Kennedy name and antivax BS? They would have to be the kind who donā€™t actually look into their candidate, but itā€™ll be tight enough to make a difference maybe. Thing is, Iā€™ve seen polls suggesting he would pull as much or more from Il Douche. Most likely, i guess, is folks who just want chaos, figuring they can capitalize on it when the time comes.

3 Likes

:worried:

2 Likes

Well, I meant more ā€œWhy in Godā€™s name would you pick up a live rattlesnakeā€ but yeah.

3 Likes

George Santos DeVolder Whateverthehellā€™s open seat.

6 Likes

Heā€™s trying to appeal to his constituency:

3 Likes