Elections 2023 and 2024

Yeah fuck the hell off Blobfish fascist mthrfkr!

6 Likes

Wtf is George Santos doing on the floor for the State Of The Union?

6 Likes

Former members of Congress are allowed to attend, even if they’ve been expelled.

7 Likes

I wonder if that rule was in place during reconstruction.

7 Likes

He’s got to keep himself in the news if he doesn’t want that sweet, sweet Cameo money to dry up. And apparently he still maintains his House Floor privileges, although I would have thought that even former members of Congress would need a ticket to sit in on this speech. There are a finite number of seats in that chamber.

1 Like

And Marge wearing a trump hat.

3 Likes

Mike Johnson looks like he isn’t sure when to clap. He started to clap when Biden said “you can’t only love your country when you win” and then caught himself.

Glad Biden isn’t shying away from reproductive freedom.

9 Likes

She wants to believe it’s a Klan rally.

At least half of the room does.

1 Like

George Santos announces he’s running for Congress again

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/politics/george-santos-running-again/index.html

tumblr_lxfnccax6a1qddfrco1_500

10 Likes

Wait, does that mean he is or isn’t giving it a shot? :confused:

10 Likes

He’s challenging a Republican incumbent from a different district, so I guess if he continues to cause problems for his party it’s not all bad. Best case scenario he divides the vote and opens up another seat for the Democrats.

9 Likes
12 Likes

It’s official.

8 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/08/biden-campaign-ad-onslaught-00146028

About effing time Joe!

(Why are lots of source links not one boxing anymore??)

4 Likes
13 Likes
7 Likes

Beth Bloch from the West Virginia Republican Party took the podium and claimed that God qualified Lara Trump to be co-chair of the RNC.

“We are reminded of a powerful truth,” Bloch said. “God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called.”

That sounds like a pretty sick burn, but I guess it wasn’t meant that way?

10 Likes
10 Likes

Britt did not name the abuse survivor in her State of the Union rebuttal directly, but Britt’s communications director, Sean Ross, confirmed to The Washington Post that the story was about an activist named Karla Jacinto Romero, as Katz had suggested.

While Britt made it seem like an example of recent lawlessness caused by Biden-era policies, the abuse Romero endured happened two decades ago, when George W. Bush was president. That fact alone has led many people on social media to ask how Biden can be to blame.

14 Likes

A republican LIED!!! Say it ain’t so, Kathy!!!

Oh My God Omg GIF

9 Likes