Elections 2023 and 2024

https://archive.ph/Fhstt

11 Likes

One place the rightwing has been very successful is in marginalizing and decimating the mainstream media. (And yes, I know that those same institutions have been complicit in this themselves.) Unless you spend a lot of time steeped in the minutia, as a lot of us here do, it’s easy to look at it as “doesn’t really matter, they are both old, white guys who are not much different.” I wish I knew how to fix that. Best I can do is engage in the conversation when the chance comes up, but that is very mush small potatoes compared to what the mass media can accomplish.

12 Likes

9 Likes

Some good news for a change. AZ is fighting back to defend elections. Three takeaways:

1. SOS Fontes made a statement with his appointment of Marra: it’s irresponsible to undermine elections.
  2. He moved the current elections director to a newly created policy position to manage the inevitable election lawsuits by nihilists.
  3. He started a PAID fellowship program to hire college grads and recent graduates as election workers to counter the exodus.

Good to see a smart Dem politician in AZ.

11 Likes
9 Likes

Hey Mike…

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

11 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

12 Likes

RNC Chair Says Americans Are Better off Under Biden Than Under Trump

12 Likes
9 Likes

… and now… this bit of comedy relief…

9 Likes

Meanwhile back at the RNC…

His handlers are Mike Johnson and the Prime Minister of Ireland.

This is going to getting more wackadoodlly as election season continues.

6 Likes

I wonder what kind of conversation Mike Johnson had with Varadkar?

10 Likes
9 Likes

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Good question… I’m it involved absolute smugness on Johnson’s part, whatever they talked about.

6 Likes

yeah, so true. even if all he can do is block things: everyone has to talk with him now. i imagine he probably sleeps with that expression plastered on his face. :confused:

7 Likes

Yeah. Smug as a bug in a rug.

6 Likes
8 Likes

15 Likes

13 Likes