Elections 2023 and 2024

9 Likes

(well, except for the 250 pt drop today.)

2 Likes

Hopefully, we’ll see more efforts like this:

:crossed_fingers:t4:

14 Likes

It’s “Here’s whom!” And the correct answer is “nobody.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/03/31/heres-who-no-labels-should-actually-nominate-00149215

3 Likes
8 Likes

Five years and a felony for a vote that wasn’t counted…

…vs. eight months (four at home) for 52 counts of voter fraud:

Make It Stop Tiffany Pollard GIF

11 Likes

But, of course, IOKIYAR. And, of course, there is that whole complexion problem…

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

7 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

And the worst part of this is that the Trump win would be even worse for Palestinians, not to mention everyone else.

6 Likes

i think this part of the article says it best:

Protest voters in other states have said their “uncommitted” votes are neither an endorsement of Trump nor a desire to see him return to power, but rather a vote to tell Biden to “stop funding the Israeli government’s atrocities against the Palestinian people.”

people who are motivated enough to vote in the primary in order to communicate a need for better policy aren’t – i think – likely to hand power to a known fascist who vocally supports even worse policies.

to me it seems more likely they are informed, engaged voters hoping to steer biden in a better direction.

12 Likes
10 Likes

Yeah, if this is a protest vote in the primaries, to push Biden and the Dems into more action on Israel and Gaza, this is all for the good! It’s the kind of political activism that sends a message.

I’m just worried it will affect the actual election. But we’ll see; it’s still many months until that, and who knows what will happen before then?

2 Likes
5 Likes
12 Likes

Hmmm… they keep trying to put up centrist Democrats, with an association with the military? I don’t know if that’ll work. I’d love to see them try with an actual progressive?

But here’s his campaign page…

looks like he’s headquartered (or his campaign is, at least) in Cedartown…

9 Likes

i got a message from his campaign (through ActBlue). sending campaign donation to see if anything comes of this. :crossed_fingers:t2:
but then, i buy lotto tickets, too. :man_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

I think if MTG keeps failing to deliver to the district, some of the other members of the GOP might start thinking of getting her out of office… I used to live there, and it’s a pretty conservative, pretty racist, patriarchal place, so it’s not a huge shock that someone like her was able to win there (she moved from a more centrist district that was in the north ATL suburbs in order to run there, in fact). I mean, I used to see the KKK around and our schools were pretty segregated still (we had a few students of color in my school)… I just don’t know if the Democratic strategy of “go with a blue dog democrat” is helping much? I think maybe a progressive candidate might do better than people would expect, but it would be a hard road for anyone doing that.

9 Likes

Now I’m researching the primary for my own district (which they just moved me to)… Found this on one of the candidates campaign site:

:thinking:

6 Likes