Elections 2023 and 2024

Fucking harridans. Additional motivation to get out and vote blue, dammit.

8 Likes

The Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nationā€™s largest LGBTQ rights group, on Monday announced a $15 million investment to reelect President Biden in November and combat escalating anti-transgender rhetoric on the 2024 campaign trail.

HRC announces $15 million swing state campaign to reelect Biden | The Hill.

Check

11 Likes
12 Likes

how high wtf GIF

8 Likes

One of the vampires in the GOP forgot to pick it up?

7 Likes

seth meyers what GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

5 Likes

My first thought? ā€œOMG, adrenochrome was projection too!!ā€

11 Likes

Sweating Rudy Giuliani GIF by GIPHY News

5 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

I feel like weā€™re fucking sleep walking into a fascist take overā€¦ what the fuck is WRONG with peopleā€¦

12 Likes

I mean, itā€™s not exactly a profile in courage but itā€™s hardly surprisingā€¦ I donā€™t think she ever signalled that she was even considering casting a vote for Biden.

5 Likes

No, but she could have shut the fuck up at the very fucking least.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s just the frog and the scorpion in action. Whatā€™s encouraging is that Republican voters keep voting for Haley even after sheā€™s left the race and endorsed Trump. Itā€™s much more valuable data than any poll, because itā€™s how voters are actually are voting.

7 Likes

No argument there. But sheā€™s never been anything other than a slightly less abhorrent representative of her party than the current standard-bearer, so I never had high hopes she would.

6 Likes

Okay. doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m not frustrated about it. Am I not allowed to express that frustration?

6 Likes

Of course, scream away.

3 Likes

Rodger that.

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

7 Likes
15 Likes

Thatā€™s good news, but I wish that more people on the left were paying attention to the importance of judicial appointments, especially those who arenā€™t wild about Biden right now. And the makeup of the Supreme Court may just be the single most important factor in protecting our democracy in the coming years. If Trump were to be reelected heā€™d probably get to appoint at least two more young wingnuts and the conservatives could dominate the court and issue terrible decisions for decades to come, and if that happens itā€™s not something that can easily be undone no matter who gets elected in the next few cycles.

8 Likes

This feels to me like itā€™s another ā€œpick me! pick me!ā€ signal to Trump. If he should pick her as his VP running mate, what are the chances that all those people who voted for her instead of him will just swallow hard and vote for him because sheā€™s on the ticket?

Put in monetary (i.e., Trump-ish) terms, will her dowry sway him into picking her over the others?

2 Likes

At some point I realized that every time I express an emotion (like even just acknowledging the existence of one other than blissful joy) some percentage of the people around me actually think I never have experienced any before and am confused by why I feel this thing so need to have something explained to me so I wonā€™t accidentally express an emotion again. Do I mask them that well usually? It canā€™t beā€¦

Sometimes it comes down to them being made uncomfortable by my emotion or perceiving an exasperated question with an improbable but possible actual question. Eg: ā€œHow could this jerk be this stupid?ā€ ā€œWell statistically average meansā€¦ā€

Honestly, I think being human is so damned confusing.

12 Likes