Elephant vs. Goose

That means that they compete directly with Homo Sapiens.

1 Like

Fly those Canada geese to Hawaii, breed them for roughly half a million years, and you will find they have become a good bit more mellow. I think it must be the commuting that makes them assholes.

5 Likes

two ways to go about this - I can post a link to the first match for a related and funny meme on a boingboing post about a goose because it makes me smile or I can read the things posted to that thread and check for spelling mistakes so I can point them out because it makes me… what… I don’t know… I see we chose different paths.

3 Likes

Two things to maybe consider. I was poking fun at the typo, as it amused me, not poking fun at you (obviously it was not your typo, and my comments in parentheses tried to hint that I was aware of that). I was not so much merely pointing out a spelling mistake (I pass many of those and leave well alone, others not so much where there is perhaps some other issue) but trying to have a bit of fun with one that set itself up for someone to have fun with. No expectation that everyone would find it amusing, of course.

PS It (your posted image) made me smile, too. So I’ve also liked it.

4 Likes

Heh, I use to live by the art museum, having to deal with this little monsters while biking over to WSU was a pain in the butt. I learned to fear those baby dinosaurs.

3 Likes

From the art museum at the confluence? Hell, I gotta hand it to you for that trip. Traffic must have been hard to deal with. As far as I remember, not too much room to fit on Central, unless you biked over through neighborhood streets.

ETA: But I bet going through College Hill must have been nice…

1 Like

The one by Stackman and the tennis courts across the river is where I lived. The traffic isn’t half bad if you take the bike paths up past 13th but you have to cross the park to get to them across the river. Then it’s smooth riding (if you don’t mind the hill) up to WSU from 17th.

Edit: I miss Doc’s Steakhouse now that I’m thinking of it. I heard they closed back in '14 (cue the nostalgia music).

1 Like

Well, downhill (and geese) on the way back. Like playing a scrolling video game.

You know what I miss? Brown’s Grill and Brown’s Cafeteria. Or Dog N Shake. Or Dr. Redbird’s Medicinal Inn. I dunno, not sure if that was before your time.

It’s the Canada goose, not Canadian goose.

3 Likes

At 1:36 it looks like he chases after some other bird (a chicken?). Zuri really does not like birds.

1 Like

Geese are nature’s motherfucking assholes %#*&@#!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.