Epic battle between baby elephant and goose

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/27/epic-battle-between-baby-eleph.html

3 Likes

Both mean and stupid, but surprisingly tough! How the hell is that goose still alive after being kicked by an elephant? I was sure this clip would end with a dead goose being swung, via trunk, around the elephants’ head.

16 Likes

One of these days, a goose is gonna push his luck too far with me, and I’ll fuck him up. I’m tired of backing down from their intimidation.

I am the dominate species and it’s time to show these feathered antagonists just who the boss is.

8 Likes

No, no, in this case @frauenfelder, the remix is better than the original.

I showed this to my kid, but I think I muted it.

Also - this is my favorite ever zoo video. I will forever keep showing it. I chuckle, every time…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

7 Likes

0XoxSVz

3 Likes

That goose reminds me of someone…

[ok, he’s just one example]

6 Likes

Just gonna leave this here…

5 Likes

Needs the fight music from the original Star Trek.

This was definitely an “it takes two to tango” fight, but I was rooting for the goose. That elephant was being a jerkface.

2 Likes

Canada Geese are docile. Ne Ne are also docile.
Domestic geese… meaner than your mom, or well, my mom anyway.
And she was pretty mean.

3 Likes

The reverse back kick seemed pretty effective. I might try to use that in my next conflict with a goose.

3 Likes

Elephants are territorial animals even in their usual nomadic milieux. It was the elephant’s enclosure and the freeloading and attention-seeking stupid goose showed up uninvited by the “resident” or (as much as they enjoyed the unexpected battle) those who came to see him or her.

4 Likes

Goose had it coming. The elephant behaved better than my teenage sons. Not a super-high bar, but still.

6 Likes

Geese are migratory animals. They do not recognize territorial claims, and belicose propertarian tyrannical elephant started shit where peaceful coexistence was manifestly possible.

5 Likes

Christ, what an asshole!

I’ll leave it up to you to decide who.

2 Likes

Break a leg! :wink:

Once again, the GOP shows its indifference to the plight of the common goose as it goes all in to crush the protesters of Occupy Elephant Enclosure. Sure, the occupiers are fowl, but trying to stomp on them and calling in zoo suited pigs to haul the geese off to a free speech zone is the mark of a system too fragile to tolerate dissent. We geese will no longer be silent! Crush me, and a flock will take my place!

6 Likes

Childhood flashback to my dad’s favorite joke –

“Why do ducks have flat feet?”

“To stamp out forest fires.”

“Why do elephants have flat feet?”

“To stamp out flaming ducks.”

10 Likes

But they should recognize when they are clearly and completely outmatched, though; instinct to survive, and all that jazz.

The goose is just lucky it’s not dead; full stop.

3 Likes

[citation needed] I have seen any number of incidents w/ Canada Geese chasing everything else away. Docile my tuchis.

3 Likes

Elephant won the first fight. But I hear there is a rematch set up, and this time, it’s for MONEY!

1 Like