Elise Stefanik yearns for the good ol' days of Trump mismanaging a pandemic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/06/elise-stefanik-yearns-for-the-good-ol-days-of-trump-mismanaging-a-pandemic.html

9 Likes

So I guess many people were better off – their friends weren’t dead from a preventable health crisis quite yet. :face_exhaling:

14 Likes

Trump and Stefanik are ghouls.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Those members of the GOP who support “the cruelty is the point” policies are just the same, IMO.

15 Likes

All this gaslighting about the so-called glory days of the previous administration reminds me of how people like Giuliani and Bush press secretary Dana Perino claimed in 2010 that—unlike Obama—there had been no terrorist attacks against the United States during the George W. Bush administration.

18 Likes

it nauseates me that she represents my state.

4 Likes

She might want to look at the numbers of “hard-working Americans” compared to 2020.

6 Likes

In MAGA-world the economy was horrible for all 8 years of Obama, then turned around immediately when Trump took over, and sank again as soon as Biden took the oath.

7 Likes

There is ONE word to describe Trump’s handling of the Covid Pandemic, and that word is BUNGLED.

4 Likes

Yeah, and Trump claimed that under Obama, the “real” unemployment rate was “maybe 40%”, and then it went down to nearly zero under his reign, and then back up to “maybe 40%” under Biden. Where does he get his insane number? If you count babies, schoolchilren, and the retired as being “unemployed”. How any adult falls for his lines of bullshit is beyond logical comprehension.

The same place he gets all his ‘facts’: they are pulled from a warm, dark, smelly place.

5 Likes

Bungled implies incompetence. But Trump deliberately did nothing to stop the pandemic when he thought it would hurt Democratic states most, and then he took the opportunity to deliberately sell quack cures and suppress information to try to promote himself instead. So there are a few much harsher words that belong there too.

11 Likes

They are holding the chart upside-down…

the simpsons me fail english thats unpossible GIF

6 Likes

Malicious and cruel, more like. They knew what they were doing, because they wanted to kill people they believed wouldn’t vote for them.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.