Elizabeth Warren on marriage equality

8 Likes

Just went over and started reading EC’s tweets. I really shouldn’t do that if I plan on going to bed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that I am against hetero or gay sex. Any more than I am against Brussels sprouts. I just don’t want any. If it makes you happy and doesn’t hurt anybody, go at it like rabbits. It’s certainly none of my business, while and you really don’t need my blessing, you have it anyway.

2 Likes

Self described fiscal conservatives then? Whatever. My point was, they’re not going to vote for Warren no matter what.

1 Like

You mean Wall Street types who voted for Hillary Clinton? Then yes.

No, that’s not who I mean.

Edit to add: Can we not go there? It’s 2019, not 2016.

They will still vote in this election, and we know who they won’t vote for.

Fiscal conservatism died loooooong ago. Fiscal conservatism would end corporate welfare, look for efficiencies like Medicare for all, eschew war unless an absolute last resort because we are literally being attacked, would reduce taxes on the poor and increase taxes on corporations and the rich, would trim the government down to a lean functional minimum, would pump money into local governing bodies and would conserve the environment. Among many other principles. This activity only occurs in pieces, and discontinuously. And mostly by Democrats now, when it even does occur. Fiscal conservatism, in the truest sense of financial prudence, is dead at the federal level.

4 Likes

To quote an old post:

4 Likes

k, now do the same for socialized healthcare

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.