Elon Musk demands Disney fire CEO Bob Iger

Originally published at: Elon Musk demands Disney fire CEO Bob Iger | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Welp, he’s becoming memes faster than we can riff on him.

21 Likes

I don’t think the Disney board is going to business advice from someone who overpaid billions for a social media platform, the revenue model of which he’s actively and publicly undermining.

Also, if Musk is claiming that “Hollywood executives are endorsing child sexual abuse”, he’s once again promoting a gateway to an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory (the Qnut version of the Blood Libel).

24 Likes

Musk asserting (seemingly without evidence) that Disney endorses child sexual abuse is an interesting position, given Twitter’s questionable track record on CSAM, especially since Musk acquired the platform and gutted the trust-and-safety teams.

Lack of self-awareness? Projection? Or just a Trumpian attempt to manufacture an alternate reality in the minds of his supporters by brazen lies and denials?

18 Likes

I would say that he’s in his “angsty teen who spends too much time cavorting with white supremacists on Twitter” phase.

13 Likes

Accusing people who disagree with him of pedophilia or its enablement is his go-to at least since the Thai cave rescue.

20 Likes

15 Likes

He seems to think about pedophilia a lot…

20 Likes

oh no, just some good old whataboutism (as disney still advertises on meta/fb and child abuse is also found on this platform….thats his “argument”)

8 Likes

I’m not real fond of Disney and deeply dislike Iger – but damn, are they fortunate in the enemies they acquire. I’ll choose Iger a billion times over fascists like Musk, DeSantis, and Moms for Liberty.

25 Likes

Making it slightly less racist and misogynistic? Yeah, he may be right about that.

18 Likes

… replacing the usual fancy words they have for Musk’s behavior, such as “mercurial”…

Mercurial; as in Toxic?

13 Likes

OMG and they also place physical adverts in the real world, and … child abuse happens there too! /s

12 Likes

I know Disney won’t do this, but if I were Bob Iger I’d be sorely tempted to reply with a poop emoji.

12 Likes

Watch as a pampered man-child who’s never been told “no” completely breaks down in real time as he realizes his hagiographic self-image may not be true.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Musk’s betting on a Neo-Fascist Q-Nut miracle next November; he wants – fuck, he thinks he deserves! – special treatment on the federal level. Texas only gives him head, and he wants “around the world”.

9 Likes

I doubt Bob Iger can be blackmailed into giving musk money.

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

And Walt is not in a grave. It’s a very large freezer.

10 Likes