Elon Musk emails Twitter staff, warning "economic picture ahead is dire"

I am going to stand by what I said on the other thread. At this point the idea that Musk was out to destroy Twitter is basically a conspiracy theory – the only evidence is the assumption is he couldn’t possibly be so bad at his job that he’s doing it by accident. It’s like for the first few months of the war in Ukraine where people were like “I don’t know, guys, maybe this is just what Putin wanted” while all his materiel got destroyed.

Musk repeatedly told us why he wanted Twitter, to bring right wing style “free speech” to the place, because apparently he’s bought into that ideology. Then he tried hard to get out of buying it, which gives you some idea of how deliberate any of this is. And then he’s also an idiotic charlatan who has shown us before that he doesn’t really understand how much works.

Combine all that and this seems pretty much the predictable result, if a little faster than expected. I don’t see why he deserves any more credit than that. When people show you who they are, believe them.

16 Likes