Elon Musk kills off Twitter's 'Larry Bird' logo in favor of an 'X'

If he did, he’d pay in exposure.

9 Likes

My brain is melting trying to make sense of it. Musk wants an everything app, yet China is the only country I know of where this is even desirable. At least his slow roll-out of authoritarianism is giving us some useful experience.

11 Likes
18 Likes

It’s interesting how the sausage is made.

I confuse, when I make/made logos, I don’t think I’ve ever been the type to be clever like that. I do try to letter scaling to dictate white space between elements. but sometimes I just eye ball it too.

Probably why I am a production designer, not a creative one.

ETA - I forget, didn’t we have a thread where users could show off art they are working on?

8 Likes

I think you probably mean this one:

6 Likes

Came here to post the American History X promo, but someone beat me to it. This is even [funnier]. Elon is doing nothing to dispell the notion that he’s leaning into the ultra right wing crazy wagon.

8 Likes

He wants to control the central operations of all things - communication, finance, business, etc. etc.

3 Likes

The logo was designed to be simple, balanced, and legible at very small sizes

Perhaps most critically it was actually designed for use as a logo. it wasn’t a graphic element created for another purpose entirely that was hastily drafted into service like a crescent wrench used to pound in a nail.

19 Likes

I don’t know about you but I use an adjustable crescent wrench to pound in screws, as the designer intended. :face_with_head_bandage:

15 Likes

And posts will no longer be referred to as “tweets” they will be called “x-crements.”

15 Likes
X.com

SpaceX.

xAI.

Baby name starts with “X”:

He is consistent. I’ll give him that.

8 Likes

scrubs-janitor

8 Likes

As a Twitter-hater who was hoping he’d drive it into the ground, it’s really breathtaking just how wildly, obviously wrong every single decision he’s made has been since day one. I couldn’t have asked for more. But still somehow lacking is the part where the platform actually dies. Why does he still have even a single employee left? Why aren’t all the people he’s failed to pay crowding to collect their bills? How long can this zombie of a social media site keep lurching and shuffling and groaning before it finally collapses into an inert pile of stinking, rotten meat?

14 Likes

I’m just impressed it’s still going. I thought it’d be gone January or so.

7 Likes

Well, you know why it’s still going, even now – because Elon Musk is a freakin genius. Duh!

/s obvs

10 Likes

At the moment, he’s just creatively bankrupt. Let’s hope time and market forces cause that to metastasize.

9 Likes

I got half way down. They’re all fucking Ramsay Bolton. Or maybe the Night King. Or a dragon or something.

6 Likes

12 Likes

So, now that he’s decided to run up the jolly Rodger, or Confederate flag, or whatever other horrible thing the “X” is standing in for, can BB stop posting links to X, or Twitter, or whatever they end up being called, and if it truly is an important tweet, just post a screen shot or pull quote of the relevant text and/or image? I’m already blocking the twits, and have for years, but it gets annoying to see everyone agree that X is evil and should be avoided, only to then see front page post after post with links to twitter and no alternative view available. If it is important enough to be news, then it falls under Fair Use, and if it doesn’t, why post it in the first place?

11 Likes

X - the Venn diagram of the Confederate flag and a Nazi swastika. He did make it completely on brand.

7 Likes