Elon Musk launches new Tesla-themed beer in a CyberTruck bottle

Pretty sure it wil taste like regret.

11 Likes

Thanks for the coke, but not needed. We went different ways with it.

4 Likes

If it wasn’t on fire then nah, you made the right choice.

3 Likes

Sure it is. Bet a nickel it’s this stuff, in a fancy package*:

No pretentions here, nosiree!

*Never tasted the stuff, myself… just remembered a long-ago bit from the Firesign Theater.
Had no idea it actually existed.
“It’s in the water! That’s why it’s yellow!”

5 Likes

A fool and his money are soon parted.

2 Likes

That does not explain why Musk still has a fuckton of money.

8 Likes

Yeah, it wasn’t on fire, and not obviously a Tesla.

You know the song “Throw some gears on it and call it steampunk”? Well I think Bing / DALL-E subscribes to “Throw some neon on it and call it cyberpunk”

6 Likes

8 Likes

Because he is grifting all the fools who will buy this swill.

4 Likes

New Recipe Neon Cyberpunk, just add Synthwave

5 Likes

Seems to be following a particular trajectory when biz goes bad. For DeLorean, it was trafficking of cocaine (a commodity of transient value to users), then attempting to sell his own line of watches (a commodity of perhaps some personal and transferable value for customers). Musk has covered both with his branded beer and its over-the-top packaging. What next? A vineyard hawking his own over-priced vintage, or a chain of cannabis dispensaries?

6 Likes

Note that the beer is brewed in Berlin. Tesla have opened a factory in Berlin Brandenburg, which comes with its own Tesla controversies, so they have a reason for trying to suck up to Germans and Berliners in particular.

4 Likes

“Bier - a frame on which a coffin or a corpse is placed before burial or cremation or on which it is carried to the grave.”

10 Likes

Give the man a break. He has a world record for how fast he lost money, he’s clearly doing his best.

14 Likes

I was expecting this to be just like the Cyber truck- announced, massively over-hyped, and then put on the back-burner to rot until Elno thinks everyone has forgotten about it, especially those that put down a deposit on one the first day it was offered.

(Personally, I think it’s ugly as sin, and about as practical as a screen door on a submarine. both the truck and the bottle of booze, that is…)

4 Likes

i hear the upcoming “Snailbrook 16 Ton IPA” has a bold Atlas (Shrugged) Hops flavor that ends with a hint of Flavorade.

3 Likes

I legitimately checked the date, thinking this had to be a joke.

It must be hard to be an Onion writer these days. Everything has gone Full Poe.

6 Likes

“Dove bar?” The AI has gained awareness of…shitty puns! (either that or it’s a subtle commentary on how this bar is such a dive bar,the dive is now past-tense…)

2 Likes

… is that like “al-anon” :confused:

2 Likes

Tempting, but I think I will wait for the NFT version.

1 Like