Elon Musk loses $100 billion as Tesla's share price continues to sink

Make sure you check the frunk too - sometimes they hide it in there!

Yesterday I saw my first Kia EV and Rivian pickup in the wild, so there are other things starting to appear on the road. I do dozens of Tesla’s every day though (they usually make themselves obvious by not stopping at onramp stoplights and merging poorly)

6 Likes

Isn’t he doing that right now?

2 Likes

They had rail guns iirc, but it’s been a while.

6 Likes

No laser-eyed pigeon companion for Musk though. He has already covered himself in too much stolen valor from Tesla

(Which actually should be called Edison since the cars run on DC and the company is run by a DiCk.

ETA: can we get a pool going on how long it will be before Musk decides to electrocute an elephant to own the libs? I call Christmas day 2022!

10 Likes

Might be the previous i3 but that is pretty much how i imagined cars would look (& that they’d be electric) when I was 9. One of the ioniqs comes close.

(Did I already say this somewhere upthread?)

3 Likes

Why not trust BMW? The collusion could be a factor.

1 Like

Ah, someone else who recognizes Nikola was living in hotels long before Howard.

Now, Elon wouldn’t electrocute an elephant, he would clone a mastodon… in Photoshop.

3 Likes

My bougie neighbours have a Chinese electric SUV, a Hongqi E-HS 9. The ugliest car in existence. But interesting that they would choose it above other alternatives, considering the other two cars in the driveway are a Porsche and a Ferrari.

8 Likes

All of this reads so strange to me as someone living in Norway, where more than half the cars I see on the road are electric. And while there is a share of Teslas I see a wide variety, from VW and BMW to Jaguar and Polestar. From Kia to Toyota and DS to SAIC. From Nissan to Skoda and Mercedes to Dacia.

Tesla being the first choice for electric vehicles feels so 2010s.

12 Likes

There never was that point here. I’d say end of the pandemic phase 2 was about their high point of sales here and I assume Tony Shart’s antics will depress their sales from here on. So fifth biggest is their peak!

10 Likes

A local church has a figurine of a homeless man sleeping on a bench. Local police have been called several times about the “vagrant”.
That’s how I picture ElMew.
A stone man on a bench.

4 Likes

Who outside China would want a car whose brand is intrinsically associated with the Chinese Communist Party?

5 Likes

I know a few people that would love to own a Soviet made ice car…but that is a slightly different thing

5 Likes

I’d fuckin’ love a Politburo-grade Chaika, alright.

6 Likes

Wait! I think you unintentionally cracked it. Obviously Elon will spend billions more now to clone a mastadon then electrocute it to show everyone how much better Twitter is!

6 Likes

I don’t think anyone here cares about that, tbh

3 Likes

Apropos Chinese owned ev corps, the one that has British auto journalists singing it’s praises for value for money seems to be MG. They get pretty good reviews. Tho it’s yet another mid size crossover blob, IMO, but that’s what the punters seem to want. Which is depressing news for my future self’s used car-buying options.

6 Likes

It’s branded MG - which makes them all collectively dive into their inner Enid Blyton fantasy of a Britain that never really existed, but gives them a warm, fuzzy feeling all over.

Never mind that MG is as British as Rolls-Royce motorcars, Bentleys, Jaguars, Rovers (Land or otherwise), Jaguars, Minis, what have you, these days.

7 Likes

Oh, absolutely. Tho an MG that actually moves under its own power and doesn’t break every time it’s wet outside is something of a curiosity, so no wonder it had good reviews :grinning:

12 Likes

is it really an MG then tho?

9 Likes