Elon Musk openly tells his 121 million followers to follow QAnon

Originally published at: Elon Musk openly tells his 121 million followers to follow QAnon | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Musk is going to get people killed. And not by accident. Just for shits and giggles.

56 Likes

They’ll be shocked when they discover Twitter’s connection to Saudi Arabia.

In May 2022, he was listed as committing to purchase approximately 35 million shares of Twitter Inc. at or immediately prior to the purchase of Twitter by Elon Musk and other private-equity investors behind Musk’s bid

28 Likes

He’s a billionaire. Getting people killed is part of the package.

34 Likes

Yeah that’s it, I just deleted my account.
Should have done it a while ago, but better late than never.

42 Likes

Welcome to the twitter-free life, comrade.

26 Likes

Maybe now Apple will kick Twitter out. Right?

25 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 7.29.30 AM

picture text:

I wonder if the NYT can figure out his politics now?

31 Likes

This is intentional, right? Musk knows he can’t actually make Twitter successful, so he’s trying to figure out ways to get someone on the outside to shut it down. Apple via the App Store, the US Government for supporting domestic terrorists, doing things that generate lawsuits, etc. All so he can say “well, I would have been successful, but the haters brought it down.”

Right? Right?

28 Likes

Caring friends guide their loved ones away from twitter, which is nothing more than a fascist/terrorist grooming app now. Please abandon it if you haven’t. Please insist your friends abandon it, too. It’s done. It’s toast.

27 Likes

It’s either that or Musk still thinks von Clownstick will pay to merge it with Truth Social.

24 Likes

I’ve had more than a few instances of this over the past decade, but this is one of those moments of “important plot development in a dystopian novel”, except it’s real life. Others include “Trump is polling surprisingly well among Republicans”.

ETA: See also the HHS whistle blower reporting the coronavirus infected passengers were greeted by government workers with no hazmat gear or training. As the administration was concerned about optics.

17 Likes

This time not with Tesla Autopilot.

22 Likes

Huh. So is all of his raving that Twitter was not protecting children before him actually about them suppressing QANON posts? If so, and he is sincere then he really has gone off the deep end. Or, like some other Q proponents, he is projecting. I guess that’s possible

17 Likes

The thing everyone forgets about Alice following the white rabbit is that at the end of the story she wakes up and realizes all the batshit crazy things she experienced were just part of a vivid dream rather than something with any basis in reality.

32 Likes

Elmo is a seriously dangerous nincompoop with virtually unlimited resources. It’s terrifying that a man like him has taken control of a global communications/social media platform and micromanages. I seriously hope he micromanages himself into oblivion. The kind of oblivion that includes wearing tissue boxes as shoes (a la Howard Hughs).

23 Likes

I’m assuming he’s allying himself with a legion of gullible potentially murderous people who he can manipulate into quieting critics. He can either outright bribe q leaders, or use his control over the platform to reward or punish people he doesn’t like. He can pay off some q grifters, to say that he is q.

5 Likes

Regarding Lone Skum’s antics more generally, this is an excellent and highly recommended read, with a few interesting insights (not that we didn’t really know it all already, but the details here in one place are notable)

14 Likes

Frustrated Fainting GIF

Or he’s completely embracing right wing politics. I say we believe him.

30 Likes

I dunno he could want some of them killed. Wouldn’t shock me. Some percentage of people with the ability to get perceived enemies killed will act on it though.

7 Likes