Elon Musk says unhappy Tesla workers should just "pretend to work somewhere else"

I’ll concede that Elon Musk has a lot of money, which makes it very easy to make people think you’re smart unless you actually start talking in public.

14 Likes

“The first myth of management is that it exists. The second myth of management is that success equals skill.” – Robert Heller

8 Likes

Always good to see Polygon’s interest in labour rights. They’re one of the very few unionised games journalism outfits.

And that’s not unique to them. In my field, archaeology, employees have been exploited to work in appalling conditions, for bad pay or even for free for a long time. Employers (who are quite often government agencies) know full well that there will always be enough people who love the subject too much to say no or who know that if they don’t do the work the knowledge will just be lost as it is being dug away.

11 Likes

Crossposting this here as well because it links back to the original story:

If it turns out that the Elongated Muskrat can’t just dictate what he wants, I forsee another twitter tantrum on the way.

Also, this illustrates the importance of having a union and laws to back it up.

15 Likes

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Idiot GIF by Samuel Holguin

By now I suspect that many of his most skilled employees are sending their resumes to other companies that they do imagine working at.

7 Likes

The sooner the better.

8 Likes

Biden’s response to EM’s sideways hit on Biden’s economy:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.