Elon Musk spreads fake bomb threat rumor at Trump rally 

Originally published at: Elon Musk spreads fake bomb threat rumor at Trump rally  - Boing Boing

6 Likes

There is a person who is being questioned who may have been training a bomb detection dog near the site.

How does one “train a bomb detection dog”? Do you leave explosives around and see if the pooch reacts? Is this something that private citizens do, or was the trainer some sort of official? :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

You know what I think should happen to Musk? Our president- who apparently has immunity for crimes of an official nature - should basically just revoke all security clearances from Musk, terminate all spacex contracts, and whatever else he feels can punish the wilting petunia that is somehow still the world’s richest person. Not that any of that shit is illegal, but hey, when there are no consequences maybe his assets should be seized too - he seems like an enemy of the state.

8 Likes

8 Likes

I wonder what Mystery Incorporated’s business model was?

7 Likes

You could probably make noises about that and see if he flees the country. :popcorn:

3 Likes

It’d be interesting to see how long Tesla lasted without any Federal rebates on their cars. After all, Mr Small State can hardly complain about the government getting out of his business.

7 Likes

But then this is the guy who sued over people not advertising on X. He can cry over anything, because his only actual principle is don’t care how, I want it now.

12 Likes

I always assumed it was more or less the same way you train a drug detecting dog: reward it when it indicates that you should search the luggage of the person the handler wants to search anyway.

12 Likes

I bet there are civilian trainers of explosive dogs.

You don’t need a big amount to train them. And modern explosives are very stable. C4 you have to have a blasting cap to go off. Smokeless and Black powder are flammable, but if you don’t have a container for it to build up pressure, it just goes “woof” when lit (pun intended).

I am curious if they train them on less stable stuff like nitro glycerin, but there might be other things with the same chemical markers for a dog to smell that they can be trained on with out the real explosive.

Now, the question you should be asking, is how the drug dogs get trained and if the coke dogs have the most fun.

14 Likes

Concerning.

4 Likes

Smug druggling across state lines?

Edit.

Thinking a little more about it I feel they may have been assessors/investigators for the insurance industry. After all most of the jobs they were on involved criminal and/or civil loss. Any one on here with relevant experience in those fields? The local and federal cops didn’t seem to hassle them too much unless they were in on the crime.

3 Likes

Trust Fund financed vanity project.

14 Likes

Makes sense. Fred’s cravat screams nepobaby.

13 Likes

1 Like

I believe on the street that substance is known as “snow”. :laughing:

6 Likes

Same way you train a dad.

16 Likes

It’s canon that Daphne is from a wealthy family. Her father actually gave the kids the seed money to get the venture started.

21 Likes

I love that someone (probably more than just one person honestly) in this community has Scooby canon ready to cite at a moments notice. It legit fills me with joy. I will accept the correction happily but will still maintain a close eye on Fred and his white male privilege.

21 Likes

To be fair, I’ve never been a huge fan of the franchise, but you couldn’t grow up in the 70s without seeing a lot of episodes of the show! I actually knew that specifically because I was writing up the characters as a Pathfinder NPC group, so read up on what each character did within the context of the show.

Also Fred Jones definitely stole a lot of credit from both Daphne and Velma on a regular basis. Shaggy does not seem to share this trait with him.

18 Likes